After over five years in an alpha stage that never seemed to end, it's finally over! Wallhaven is now officially 'LIVE!'
After just about EXACTLY a year of behind the scenes work, I'm super proud to be able to finally get the latest, and hopefully greatest, version of wallhaven to you all!
In addition to a ton of new features, fixed bugs, new bugs, and other improvements, I also got us moved over to a newer server. With any luck the site will be faster and more stable (I'll kill those 502's or die trying). Fingers crossed.
Thanks to everyone in the community for sticking with us for all this time! I sincerely hope you enjoy the new site.
For those interesting in a change log:
- Taggers rejoice! Tags can be added via thumbnails
- Creating an app? Hopefully our new API will be of use to you
- Dropped the alpha ribbon and subdomain
- New search options:
- Search for similarly tagged wallpapers with the like: option
- Search a user's uploads by username
- Looking for just PNGs? Filter your search to match
- Most these new search options can be chained together
- Added ultrawide resolutions to the defaults
- Fixed tag blacklists not working
- Full list of search options and operators can be found here
- Converted BBCode to Markdown
- Reworked how user settings are stored, should fix anyone who previously had issues setting them
- A default collection can be selected (big add to favorites button)
- Adding a wallpaper to a new collection now an option
- Collection thumbnails will regenerate when a fav is added or removed
- Updated rules (and banned sources)
- Added a popular tag cloud to the homepage
- Added new 'large' option for thumbnails
- Less wonky back button when viewing any listings
- Reworked design of a ton of pages
- Have you seen those sexy as shit login and join pages!?
- Wallpapers IDs are now alpha numeric
- Notifications now get sent to users when you subscribe to their uploads
- Small improvements to the upload process
- Clickable links to found dupes on upload
- Better feedback on source adding
- Updated Laravel from 4.2 to 5.6 to 5.7 to 5.8 (this is what I get for dragging my ass)
- Tons of backend clean up and new messes
- Other changes I can't think of right now as my fingers start to shake
Still missing something you've been begging for? Worry not! The site may no longer be in alpha, but it's far from comlete. I don't have any plans on stopping work on it anytime soon (though, there might be an extended break here and there)!
Again, thanks a ton for sticking around all this time. Hope to keep seeing ya! 💖