Ye Ol' Comments Page

Ok so I (somehow) managed to get the alpha site updated. Yay!

There a are a ton of things that don't work just yet, but we're getting there. Trust me on that.

You may have noticed nothing exists here. That's normal. I cleared out the database to make way for this update. It'll happen again once we start the Beta over on the actual server (alpha is still on my VPS).

What we're looking for now is feedback on anything and everything. Although odds are we know when something doesn't work, let us know anyway. What's the fun if we're not getting pestered about things we're aware of?

Quick note about the listings: updates should come every 10 minutes or so. There should be a cron job running that updates our search index about that often. So if you upload something and don't see it on the latest page, that'll be why. If 20ish minutes pass and you don't see it, bug me on IRC and I'll see what I fucked up.

As always if something is fucked, blame AK.

Yeah, we had a few problems with some stupidity last night

Bloody brilliant.

@L1ON Once we have a few hundred thousand this won't even be noticeable! :D

FYI The profile views box also counts you viewing your own profile. Adds one every refresh. Possibly have unique views box (in addition) to only count the different people? Might be an interesting number for some later on

Made some tags for the BLU team wallpaper and noticed that the red "X" for tags was behind the box for typing in more tags and basically inaccessible. Maybe put it down a tad? Change where the "X" is?

Trying out new logos. Give feedback plz :P

Rat What browser are you using?

Since when did you start using chrome?

I use chrome on my laptop and Firefox Nightly on my desktop lol

Thats pretty much has been the way its been since junior year

I miss the old glory days of Wallbase! :'(

We'll bring them back. Just at a new home under a new name and under new management!

Also, thinking we should stress test the search engine. Upload a fuck ton if you can.

AksumkA, I will once I get home :3

Also, logging in takes you to your profile, should be better to return you to where you were.

YAY FUCKTON

Just reporting that im also on here now.

What's the file size limit just now? I was hoping for 15MB so that we don't miss out on super HR stuff.

Right now it's at 10MB. We'll see about raising it. Maybe

hello guys. Too bad old wallbase it's goin' down... but the new one... it's awesome. nice work :D and keep it up !

Is it any top of wallpapers?

CoToN Top lists will be coming sooner or later. Don't forget this is a very very early alpha.

Also don't forget we'll be starting fresh again once we hit beta! So you may or may not want to put a lot of time into the site just yet.

I'd like the icons to be a little bit bigger and the refresh button to spin, for nostalgia like it was/is in Wallbase. And also the zoom function is still missing when you have selected a wallpaper. In Wallbase if you click(ed) a wallpaper, it would first zoom a bit, and then it would zoom so that the pixel densitiy would match the pixel density of your screen. And the forum is missing, but I'm guessing that that's in the works. When do you think it will be in beta?

The site looks great! I'm looking forward to actively using it!