Few questions from an old WB uploader :)

Hello there! My name is Taras, maybe some people still remember me from the wallbase times ^^`. I was an uploader there, enjoyed the site a lot, but when the things went down, I decided that I should find a job and finish my studying, and I did. Those things consumed most of my time, so I couldn't let myself find some for uploading and etc. But I still visited WH to check how things are going. And now, when I am finally able to spend an hour or two as I like, I can spend it here.

First of all, I just love the design. While it resembles old WB, it has it's own charm and everything looks very sleek. The "SEEN" feature is just irreplaceable for me. Everything looks very very neat in general. Notification system is also commendable and looks very nice.

I like that community actually cares for the quality: I have intentionally uploaded 1 low quality wall (sorry for that c;) and it was taken out in less then 24 hours. Amazing.

Some questions about future updates and features:

1. I like new simplified tag tree, but what about plural and singular tags? I have noticed that some are plural and some are singular, should they all be plural?
    2. Searching within favourites and uploads, not sure if it is compelety necessary just wondering if you considered it.
    3. Copies with lower resolution. If the original is larger, but doesn't have standart ratio, should the duplicated with lower res be merged with it?
    4. New duplicate detection. I know it is comming and that it is based on iqdb, but my question here is kinda connected with previous one - will it consider images with lower resolution and different ratio a duplicate?
    5. Beta update. Will you start with completely no wallpapers or will you have any prepared number of walls (maybe from wb)?

Thank you. ^^

Hi! (I wasn't big on wallbase so I'm not sure if I can say "welcome back")

First of all, I just love the design. While it resembles old WB, it has it's own charm and everything looks very sleek. The "SEEN" feature is just irreplaceable for me. Everything looks very very neat in general. Notification system is also commendable and looks very nice.

You're making me blush.

1. We used to require pluralized tags because our old search engine wasn't good at dealing with singulars. We have a different engine now so it really doesn't matter any more. I think we prefer singular tags (at least I do) but ultimately it's not really important.

2. Searching by uploader might be useful, otherwise I'm not sure. Maybe in the future but I don't think we have any plans for it yet.

3. When multiple sizes are available we like to keep the highest resolution available plus one or two standard resolutions (for example 1920x1080 and 2560x1600).

4. The dupe detection will consider wallpapers at different sizes and ratios. Once it works we'll figure out a way to make it accept wallpapers in a reasonable fashion so wallpapers may be replaced by better resolutions etc.

5. There are no definitive plans yet. Of course we hope to keep as much as possible of what we already have. I hope we'll be able to do some kind of radical filtering of our wallpapers, tags and registered users so we can start with a clean set of data. We also have a big slumbering backup of wallbase's wallpapers which we want to inject once we enter beta. The thing is, we don't know yet how it'll work out and we may still end up having to delete everything, therefore the alpha notice.

Thank you for the reply, wish you to find the necessary strength to keep improving WH c: