Latest Update Discussion

Couldn't see a thread on this so I thought I'd start one. Thoughts?

For me I can hardly make out the avatar for the uploader so it seems pointless and it looks like the font for adding tags is smaller than it was, everything else seems like an improvement to me.

KrimzinZV The avatar in the showcase sidebar is the same size as the ones on the forum startpage and the one in the header. You don't have to be able to see all the details, just basic recognizability. Font sizes should be the same as before, unless I missed something.

@dwemer I removed your other thread so we only have one.

Here is my opinion: everything is fine and pretty improved, except for three things:

1. When you're on some certain wallpaper page, it shows you the wall with vertical spinner, I think it should fit the visible area, so you don't have to scroll it up/down.
    2. 'More' tab in top menu. I think I know the reason of such replacing - for keeping previously bottomed links accessible on pages with infinite scrolling. Well this solves the problem, but it still looks overloaded with so many links under one tab. What do you think of moving social links(and irc) to the right of the 'search' field?
    3. Capitalized menu looks worse imo. Also the new font is... I don't know... there are excessive pixels on some letters or something, I hope you understand what I mean. I'd prefer old UPPERCASE menu.
    1. I don't know what you mean. Could you provide a screenshot?
    2. Having all the menu items in one location was kind of the point. Also the header is already too full to put anything else in there. If you resize the browser window you'll notice there is some responsiveness now for people on small screens (like tablets).
    3. There's no new font, just the old font with small-caps. Before, we had only icons which looked cool but wasn't very accessible. I expect that not everybody will like that change but I think it looks nice and it's more helpful for newcomers.

Thanks for your feedback guys, more is welcome!

This update is not disrupt the simplicity. I like it.

Nice job bro. Gandalf

Gandalf

1. Never mind that, I already figured out. Just accidentally clicked and zoomed it in.
    2. Yeah, I forgot about mobile devices.
    3. For some reason I thought there was always a text, not icons. Maybe the changes was too smooth to notice. Still I think uppercase would be better.

Also, the main page has vertical scrolling when full HD height(1080). There are only few pixels to scroll(and 1-2 pixels when logged in). Seems unnecessary. Just a suggestion, not request. What do you think of it?

@dwemer said:

Also, the main page has vertical scrolling when full HD height(1080). There are only few pixels to scroll(and 1-2 pixels when logged in). Seems unnecessary. Just a suggestion, not request. What do you think of it?

The actual hight depends on a lot of things, like the operating system's window borders, the browser's bars' height (which is influenced by themes) etc. On my setup (also 1080p) there is no scrolling, on others there may be a lot.

That said I have to do some work on the start page anyway because all the footer links are now completely missing (it doesn't have the 'More' menu item). I'll have to come up with some new ideas for that, maybe even a new layout altogether.

I have 2560 x 1440 display and i cant scroll page down now, unless I decrease the browser

Karuma Are you talking about infinite scrolling pages like the Latest page? What do you have "Thumbs Per Page" set to in your browsing settings? If possible try a higher value and see if that works.

i have no objections with new updates but there is one small thing - At start page were is shown recent announcements and posts I was kinda used that they are shown in middle of page not at side

TCBfergie There has been no change to that. The start page has always been two-columns on wide enough screens.

I am using 1680 x 1050 , Before updaite for me it was located in middle of screen , I am only one tho saw that?

Not the only one. Don't pay attention to the background, it looks great in a regular version but this screenshot has been created using Firefox Console. The copyright was in the bottom in a previous version, for now it's under wallpapers and it's not even centered.

Oh wow, now I see what you guys mean. That is certainly not supposed to happen.

Gandalf said:

Karuma Are you talking about infinite scrolling pages like the Latest page? What do you have "Thumbs Per Page" set to in your browsing settings? If possible try a higher value and see if that works.

Hi i jumped to 32 per page and it went smoothly . No its warking oki. One more think home page, on chrome :

Karuma I fixed both issues, they should go live soon-ish. Thanks for your input.

When I click more than one aspect ratio on a random search I only get 1 aspect ratio. Other searches work fine