Copyright/source question

I have just created a tiny-tiny group(or public or what else is this thing called) in some certain social network(not facebook), nothing special, just some cozy oriented. I want to upload comfy pictures there and I would like to take them from here, wallhaven. My question is: do I have to put the source to every wallpaper I upload there? My public is no commercial or marketing or something like this shit, just for people to get comfy and relaxing I guess. It is created with no intention and I am not even sure whether it will be grow up someday. Really, I have no idea why I did this. So should I provide the link to wallhaven with any of uploaded pictures?

Last updated

Only person you should be crediting is the original artist who made the picture. You shouldn't credit a site that doesn't produce original content. Albeit it's probably nice to just mention wallhaven as the place where you found it.

What if I don't know the author?

@dwemer: sannukas0016 said:

Only person you should be crediting is the original artist who made the picture. You shouldn't credit a site that doesn't produce original content.

Exactly. And if there is no source, you have to find it yourself.

Or just don't give any credit. I assume the site you're talking about is vk. It's social media, nobody cars about source on social media. Most social media sites are built on freebooting anyway.

sannukas0016 said:

Or just don't give any credit. I assume the site you're talking about is vk. It's social media, nobody cars about source on social media. Most social media sites are built on freebooting anyway.

Which is a damn shame.

Finding a source can be a pain, but you might have some good luck with Google Images' reverse image search (click the camera icon). If you do find a source, definitely use that if you post elsewhere. And if you're feeling helpful, come back here and add the source to the wallpaper!

Also, as noted in our footer, we don't own rights to the images uploaded here, so we're not able to give permission to repost/modify/sell/etc anything.

Understood