Artwork tag

This seems like a very redundant/unnecessary tag, or maybe it's just over used? Just a few minutes before I started this post I uploaded several images, tagged them, then I noticed that they all were immediately tagged with "artwork" The term artwork can be applied to anything, and it seems that this site does just that, so maybe get rid of the tag?

The term "artwork" is usually used in the digital art world to refer to images that were created as a standalone piece using digital or traditional tools. That distinguishes them from photos (including retouched) or designs like logos etc. For example this is a typical artwork:

1920 x 108088
    It is kinda vague and people's definitions may vary. My own interpretation is mostly restricted to things like digital paintings, i.e. where most of the art was created using the tools within whatever software was used. For example personally I wouldn't describe a pure photo manipulation as an artwork (it's still art, just falls into a different category). Even then I'm torn on things like scenes rendered in a 3D software or vector graphics.

My point is, the tag has its place, it's just very vague and people tend to interpret it freely. That said, if you actually search "artwork" you'll find that most results match the description to a reasonable degree. So the tag does have value.

If you disagree with a tag on a specific wallpaper you can always remove it. Use your own best judgement, maybe check what other kinds of wallpapers are already tagged.

It's also worth noting that artwork also has over 130 subscribers at the time of this post. Kinda helps to show that people do think the tag has a place here.

what is the difference between artwork and digital art? in which cases should i add one or another?