Thank you wallhaven for avatar transparency

I hope this isn't too off-topic, but... I'm new here, and I absolutely love wallhaven, and for me it's when you're uploading your logo/avatar that you find out whether a website is decent or not. (Right after trying to scale the HTML "text area" component horizontally) Basically, I'm happy I can use transparent avatar. I wonder why is it that websites such as google (services) or youtube can't bother to implement it. Google even goes as far as to put round borders around your avatar. I then spend 10 minutes on editing my avatar so it's in center of the circle-shaped border.

But this is awesome! :) Can any web designer tell me how difficult is it to implement transparent avatars onto a site, and what issues can it cause, downsides it has?

Interesting feedback. :D

There's no additional work involved with the transparent background, we just show the image you uploaded as it is (though it may get scaled down). Some sites add a background behind it or draw a border around. It's really a design decision, the rest is just a few simple lines of CSS.

If you look closely you may notice my avatar also has some transparency around it. So it's not at total coincidence I decided against adding a border/background. ^^

Right, I see, thanks. It's nice to see a website where (design-wise) everything's slick n tidy and all the components have nice dynamic animations... Keep up the great work on WH as a project. Y'all WH developers are so smart, loyal, y'all must be geniuses!