reporting cancelling/handling reporting errors (NSFW)

hi, so I just noticed something interesting somewhat

I just reported this wall :[4g29wq] by accident

the way it happened : -I was viewing the picture & clicked on report by accident : I'm not entirely sure why, but I seem to seldom click on report when pages aren't fully loaded (using waterfox) -the browser lagged out (yeah I make very heavy usage of my browser, it has hundreds of tabs opened) -this meant the report window wasn't showing yet when I decided to clic to "expand" the picture -at the millisecond that my clicking order from my brain reached the mousebutton bam the report window was there and got validated

so apart from the fact that I would like to say "sorry" to the moderator that I increased the workload of a few suggestions : -maybe the reporter could cancel his own report in a timewindow -maybe a forced 1s delay could be introduced before you can click "done" -maybe a reason could be required

note : I'm just suggesting feel free to discuss, maybe I'm only in the 0.1% cases if the reports, but still I'd like to have a better way to avoid this in the future if possible.

Thanks for your attention.

EDIT: also of note that this never happened to me in the old wallbase user interface

Last updated

I second this as I too have mistakenly reported wallpapers.

I have an idea as to how reports could require additional info. Why not change the default reason from Low Quality to any of the others since those all require additional info to be an effective report. Low Quality is already reason enough and thus doesn't need any more info. I think the same should be done for tags as well.

The default should be blank so you can't report at all without choosing a reason. Much simpler solution.

we also need NSFW for the forums

I just found out why I click the report button by mistake so often (but hopefully I don't complete them yet)

reason is : -the way I handle windows in my OS I tend to have fullscreen firefox/waterfox open in the background and I will often switch to another windowed application while browser loads or even just because I'm talking to ppl or whatever the thing is : most of my windowed applications are mostly located in the center with a small tendency toward upward & leftward

which means when I click back to give back the focus to wallhaven, my cursor tends to aim for the blank gray are at bottom right

and guess what's at the bottom right ? ... well report of course ....

there you have it :)

thanks for reading.

Thanks for your feedback, guys.

I like this solution: sannukas0016 said:

The default should be blank so you can't report at all without choosing a reason. Much simpler solution.

Gandalf saem should be on upload! i don't remember actually if this already realized or not, if not then it should be. i mean choosing categories/purity. there must be no default purity and category

Gandalf said:

Thanks for your feedback, guys. I like this solution: sannukas0016 said:

this seems fine by me still I think the clickable area could be slightly adjusted, there's a fuckton of clickable blank space beside the buttons "add/edit source" & "report"

and also it does not match the general behavior of the whole wallhaven website: examples : -the tag button is immediately highlighted on mouseover, clicking anywhere but the tag delimited area does nothing -the add to favorite button behaves the same -the purity filters are not highlighted on mouseover, but still are very delimited by a visible button -the uploader name is clickable only on mouse over the text itself. same for the "favorites" number -the top bar buttons are also, zoomed, highlighted & restricted to their specific area for clicking. -as well as in the forums the buttons on the bottom bar. (facebook, google+ .... tags, about ....)

so the add/edit source & report buttons are the two exceptions which : -don't show their clickable area -with a clickable area which goes way beyond the text of those.

Thanks for reading & taking this into consideration :)