tag - tags

We have tags like, for example - boat, #{boats} or car, #{cars} Do we need them both or just singular?

I think we only need singular, to reduce entropy. Any senior staff member, let me know - if you agree about that, I could explore plural tags and switch them with singular, then we can delete plural tags when no wallpapers are tagged.

Also, in case you didn't notice - most of plural tags cover just about 1-2, maybe a dozen of wallpapers, but singular have hundreds and thousands. You can see the example above. This is the reason to get rid of plural tags.

Last updated

We used to require plural tags because our search engine at the time wasn't smart enough to figure out plural versions by itself. Nowadays it is so the plural versions are no longer needed. So we do eventually want to get rid of the plural versions.

So I am free to re-tag wallpapers and report tags when they won't needed anymore?

Added 2016-01-08 15:32:18

Also, I guess it will be good to add such function, that if some tag has no wallpapers, then this tag deleted automatically. There are many-many tags with no wallpapers tagged.

Last updated