I broke wallhaven

So, I was scrolling in the infinite random search. When I got to approx page 80, the page went crazy. As you can see on the picture. Does anyone know why this happened?

Time for a new computer mate.

Alright. Time for an old computer mate.

Okay, I just throw this in the dump mate.

i'm getting this constantly. I think it is graphics card drivers that is causing it.

That looks more like your entire browser went crazy. Has it only happened once or again since then?

AntiStar what Browser / OS / Graphics Card are you using?

Gandalf said:

That looks more like your entire browser went crazy. Has it only happened once or again since then? AntiStar what Browser / OS / Graphics Card are you using?

Firefox 42.0, Win 10 64bit, Nvidia 980ti, it happens after a while, not just on this website but other image sites too, I'm going to do a fresh install of drivers and see if that fixes it, will report back.

AntiStar If you have integrated graphics, then you might as well try it and see if the problem persists. It might save you the hassle of installing drivers.

Ok done a fresh install using DDU and its made no difference, starts off ok but eventually title bars and images become corrupted and start flickering when I hover my mouse over them. Happens on other image heavy sites too.

AntiStar maybe it an issue with Firefox, have you tried another browser? I just opened "Microsoft Edge" and scrolled down 92 pages and everything seems fine. bear in mind I only have 8GB RAM and Intel 4000 graphics.

AgEnTx19

yeah its either firefox or nvidia. I don't have a problem with browsing its seems to be when I am downloading and then uploading . Will check on another browser.

Also might be worth a shot disabling hardware acceleration in the advanced tab of the options. Just to rule it out.

Well it sounds like some kind of memory leak, question is if it's our fault or Firefox's. I've never had this issue though (FF on Linux + geForce card).

Questions:

• Did you just scroll down as quickly as possible or were you scrolling at regular browsing speed?
    • Did you open up a lot of wallpapers in tabs as you scrolled down? (I often end up with dozens if not hundreds of open tabs which of course takes up a lot of memory)
    • When did you first notice this issue?
    • Does your firefox just crash or is it still responsive and only looks weird?

You should check the video card cooling fan (just in case), it could be getting stuck and overheating the gpu. Just saying. Cheers.

Gandalf said:

Well it sounds like some kind of memory leak, question is if it's our fault or Firefox's. I've never had this issue though (FF on Linux + geForce card). Questions:

• Did you just scroll down as quickly as possible or were you scrolling at regular browsing speed?
    • Did you open up a lot of wallpapers in tabs as you scrolled down? (I often end up with dozens if not hundreds of open tabs which of course takes up a lot of memory)
    • When did you first notice this issue?
    • Does your firefox just crash or is it still responsive and only looks weird?
    • Just regular speed
    • Not that many really, certainly not dozens
    • Couple of weeks ago
    • Firefox doesn't crash, it becomes unusable due to flickering, title bars disappearing, navigation flickering.
    • It's not a heat problem

I will try with hardware acceleration off, there is also a hot-fix for these drivers so will try that tomorrow too.

Gandalf said:

what Browser / OS / Graphics Card are you using?

I also use Firefox 42.0, Windows 10 64-Bit, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 6GB. I scroll through in normal speed, and maybe I open 20-30 tabs each 20 pages. I noticed this problem a few days ago. Firefox did not crash. I use two monitors, so on one monitor I am scrolling through wallhaven and on the other I watch a stream. Maybe that's causing it?

Obseek said:

Gandalf said: I also use Firefox 42.0, Windows 10 64-Bit, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 6GB. I scroll through in normal speed, and maybe I open 20-30 tabs each 20 pages. I noticed this problem a few days ago. Firefox did not crash. I use two monitors, so on one monitor I am scrolling through wallhaven and on the other I watch a stream. Maybe that's causing it?

No only using 1 monitor..

I guess its, Windows 10?

Whover said:

I guess its, Windows 10?

i highly doubt its windows 10 or firefox, im at over page 100 somewhere in the random search part of the website, opened several images, have not come across the issue, i am using an AMD/ATI card though, whether that makes a difference or not i really dont know.

just thought i'd chime in

Switched to Google Chrome. I've been normal scrolling through infinite search with multiple tabs open. Works perfectly. So this crash must be because of Firefox. 150 pages later, not one single crash yet.