Not on my desktop!

There are lots of wallpapers on this site. And we all have our own opinions/tastes. What are some walls that you've encountered that you were like "really? someone would use that as a wallpaper? why is it even here..." It could be related to content, too grainy, art style, subject, other. Images might look nice, but as a wallpaper? No thanks.

Rules:

• Don't just post whole categories or tags (like "anime", "boobs" or "cars"). Post single images.
    • Don't post 823 images at once, just 5 or less, until you find more for a later post.
    • Don't troll people for their preferences, respect.
    • If you like something someone posted, explain why, if you want.

I'll start:

3000 x 30003
    1600 x 12004
    2560 x 160011
    2276 x 128810PNG

for me that would be screenshots from games,i don't know why but my face always goes mwaah when i see them especially if they are badly taken [48zjq1]

1920 x 10804

edit by Gandalf: Please use the thumbnail BBCode.

Last updated

I agree with you both. Even the header of the uploading rules states "Remember: Wallhaven is a place for sharing wallpapers! Before uploading something, ask yourself: "Would someone else use this as a wallpaper?" If not, don't upload it!"

I personally do not like any screenshots at all, and I would never use them, but I do not make the rules. I simply ensure that users abide by them.

JB00GIE said:

I personally do not like any screenshots at all, and I would never use them...

Exactly same with me. In the past there used to be a rule not to upload ANY screenshot. I think it would be great to bring that rule back! What I hate most are randomly taken screenshots from same game uploaded ten or more at once!

Banning all screenshots would be wrong. Just look at this guy [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/k_putt/[/url] , i have uploaded few of his screenshots . Every single one of those pictures was taken in-game. But i do agree that the majority of the screenshots uploaded here are trash.

sannukas0016: And that's what I mean, too. 99% of (game) screenshots uploaded here I would never use as a desktop background! Personally I can't see anything interesting on them. You can just play any game and take any screenshot from it and it is a same level of scrap for me. Not useful as a desktop for sure. And same is for movie screenshots, too. Even they are taken from an HD screening. My subjective opinion of course.

So if majority of screenshots are trash (like hundreds of them here now) why not to ban them all as it was before? Just get a rid of them. Easy.

kejsirajbek said:

So if majority of screenshots are trash (like hundreds of them here now) why not to ban them all as it was before? Just get a rid of them. Easy.

I disagree, If they are high quality screenshots then they should be allowed. Take this screenshot for example:

1920 x 10805
    are you saying you would delete that? I see nothing wrong with it. Wallhaven is all about high quality wallpapers.

We decided to allow screenshots because there was a very obvious demand for it and there definitely are legitimate high quality screenshots from both movies and video games. As with everything the question of what qualifies as high quality is debatable. We have a few obvious criteria (no visible UI, no upscaled low resolution like in youtube videos etc.) but other than that we have to use our best judgement. Just like with amateur photography, what some people consider artistic will just look like a random snapshot to others.

Gandalf said:

We decided to allow screenshots because there was a very obvious demand for it

But this demand came from users that wanted to upload their homemade screenshot wallpapers, not from people that wanted to actually see them. Since then, this site seems to be turning into a large image dump, essentially turning it into another Imgur, but masquerading as a wallpaper site.

JB00GIE: Very well said! Another opinion I agree with. If I could vote for banning screenshots, I would. Or at least there could be a rule for limited screenshots per user per day.

making a "bad pic" detection algorithm would be pretty complex and probably bad :P It'd be based solely on the creators opinion. Unless you mean have the staff manually look and give a warning if there's a lot (5+) of bad ones, but I think that's what you guys already do.

a couple more:

1920 x 12005
    2560 x 160013