the search for tagless wallpapers

i was wondering if there was a way to search for a wallpaper that has yet been tagged?

sorry to bring this up, but there is 433 pages of untagged wallpapers....which is around 13800 wallpapers somewhere, im thinking we should get some people to pitch in to reduce this number so then it would return more useful results! by all means i can contribute, but it takes a long time, more people plugging away at it the faster we can reduce it yeah.

thoughts?

drgrumbles

The things is - If people would tag their wallpapers when they upload them, it would help everyone. I mean, it isn't that much of a problem, to add at least three tags and it isn't that time consuming. I don't get it, but maybe some people just don't know how tagging works. Dunno. But then again you have those guys (and gals) who batch upload ten or more wallpapers and they tag all of them the same way, no matter what's actualy on the wall. There're two extremes (and some more).

I do understand, that this site is more like a social community and that we have to collaborate. That's the way how things work and furthermore there are always people which do more than others. That's okay. And as far as I remember, the team is planning, that people have to add at least 3 or 5 tags, so they can upload a wallpaper. But that's for the restart.

Speaking of the restart - The question is, if it is worth the time and the effort, if we try to tag all those walls and in one, two or even six month they reset the site. I mean, you do not tag 13.000 walls while you're sleeping. It's time consuming and a lot of work. I am willing to help, and I am already tagging walls which I find randomly, but that much only if I/ we can be sure, that it won't be all for nothing.

Just my three cents.

There may be many wallpapers that show up as tag-less when in fact they were grouped with other wallpapers that were the same image, but different resolutions. So, for those of you who choose to help out the site by adding tags to these images and you receive a message like "This wallpaper has already been tagged with (the tag you entered)." That is the most likely reason.

Thanks for all of your help. On behalf of the staff, we really appreciate all of the things that you do in assisting us.

JB00GIE said:

There may be many wallpapers that show up as tag-less when in fact they were grouped with other wallpapers that were the same image, but different resolutions. So, for those of you who choose to help out the site by adding tags to these images and you receive a message like "This wallpaper has already been tagged with (the tag you entered)." That is the most likely reason. Thanks for all of your help. On behalf of the staff, we really appreciate all of the things that you do in assisting us.

well, that does explain alot actually, still, i would have thought the tags would show up even if they were uploaded in bulk

Pheaton said:

drgrumbles The things is - If people would tag their wallpapers when they upload them, it would help everyone. I mean, it isn't that much of a problem, to add at least three tags and it isn't that time consuming. I don't get it, but maybe some people just don't know how tagging works. Dunno. But then again you have those guys (and gals) who batch upload ten or more wallpapers and they tag all of them the same way, no matter what's actualy on the wall. There're two extremes (and some more). I do understand, that this site is more like a social community and that we have to collaborate. That's the way how things work and furthermore there are always people which do more than others. That's okay. And as far as I remember, the team is planning, that people have to add at least 3 or 5 tags, so they can upload a wallpaper. But that's for the restart. Speaking of the restart - The question is, if it is worth the time and the effort, if we try to tag all those walls and in one, two or even six month they reset the site. I mean, you do not tag 13.000 walls while you're sleeping. It's time consuming and a lot of work. I am willing to help, and I am already tagging walls which I find randomly, but that much only if I/ we can be sure, that it won't be all for nothing. Just my three cents.

thats a rather good point, thanks for adding your 2cents, was better that i asked that not at all