[Feature Requests] WAI-ARIA implemantation

Hi there,

this is just a "feature request", which might be considered in the future. No need to (hurry). I just saw, that you did not use WAI-ARIA (ARIA) in your code and it might help people with handicaps or special needs to get better access to your site. I know that it can be a lot of work, but as W3 recommends ARIA since last year it might be worth to check it out. The basics like "role", "aria-labelledby", "aria-describedby" or "or aria-label" shouldn't be a big problem, as you can fill them most of the times with already existing variables and strings.

I am not sure how interested you are in those kind of things. Just wanted to touch this topic. :)

You mean for all the blind and elderly people using our site? :D

Of course stuff like that doesn't hurt but as you seem to understand already, this is so far down the priority list it doesn't even know what the top looks like.

Gandalf said:

You mean for all the blind and elderly people using our site? :D Of course stuff like that doesn't hurt but as you seem to understand already, this is so far down the priority list it doesn't even know what the top looks like.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Just wanted to "request" it. I am a frontend dev myself and right now I am working on a Drupal based site, where I have to implement ARIA. And also I like to check out other sites sourcecode, just bcause I am curios. That's where I saw, that you're not using AIRA. Don't get me wrong. I am totally aware of, that such things aren't priority one.

I would have offered you my help, but as I said, I am a frontend dev. Most of the times I code html/css and design web pages or create UX-concepts. I don't think that you have much need for those kind of help, as I am sure you need more php/js/whatever code monkeys. :)