Warning dialogue during upload when leaving page

Hi there,

today it happened twice to me, that I uploaded a wallpaper and added tags to it. While clicking on a tag suggestion to add it I accidentally clicked on an already added tag and the page automatically changed to the certain tag archive.

Especially on the page where you add tags and everything, it would be great if there would be some kind of notice, warning or dialogue if you (or the site) try to leave the page. It's also very easy to click on a tag, if you try to delete it.

There's always target="_blank" for links, but that wouldn't be w3 valid. Just saying...

It's just a request. You still can call me an idiot and tell me to keep an eye on where I click. ;)

Take care!

Well you can always get back to that page, so nothing will be lost. Just hit the back button in your browser or click on Upload in the top menu..

Gandalf said:

Well you can always get back to that page, so nothing will be lost. Just hit the back button in your browser or click on Upload in the top menu..

Last time I got back, all the tags I previously added were gone. I mean - It's not a big deal. Even if I had to upload the wallpaper again it won't be the end of the world. It just happened to me today and I wanted to share my thoughts. ;)

I just wasn't sure if going back was such a clever idea, but if the image got stored already then it is fine with me. :)

Pheaton said:

Last time I got back, all the tags I previously added were gone.

They were not gone, just didn't show up when you got back. If you would refresh the page you could see tags you added.

kejsirajbek said:

Pheaton said: Last time I got back, all the tags I previously added were gone. They were not gone, just didn't show up when you got back. If you would refresh the page you could see tags you added.

Okay, thanks for the hint. Didn't know that!

The thing is - You can do all this, if you're an experienced user. I for myself am a web developer and so this procedure is okay for me. But what about less experienced users? I guess they'll just upload their wallpaper again...

As I said, it's not that important. I just stumbled over it. :)