Stop Posting 1300x700 "ish"

I woke up today and i just saw a lot of wallpapers around the 1300x700 pixels, i find that the resolution of those wallps is lame and should not be posted in this sacred website of wallpaper awesomeness. Cheers.

Just set a filter so you find wallpapers in your preferred resolution.

Madpianist The vast majority of laptops sold today have a resolution of 1366x768. Just because you have a large screen on your desktop doesn't mean everybody else has that same resolution. Wallpapers below Full HD can still be useful for a lot of people. That's why our limits are at 1024x768, which is still one of the most common resolutions in use.

Of course I share your disappointment in finding an awesome wallpaper that is too small for your own screen. If a larger version is available that one should always be preferred for upload. But if the small version is the only one it's better to have that than none at all.

As for filtering, you can currently select which resolutions you want to see in your search results (including latest and random pages). In the future (planned feature) you'll also be able to specify that you want to find anything “greater than” a resolution.

Gandalf said:

If a larger version is available that one should always be preferred for upload.

I disagree, both should be uploaded. Windows doesn't resample images when they are fit to the screen, so significantly higher resolution wallpapers than the native screen resolution will result in jagged shapes.

Sure, the downloader could go the extra mile and just resize the larger picture, but I don't think that many novice computer users would know how to do that, or would even be willing to.

Asagrim, it's rare that a user will upload multiple sizes of the same image, so if it's a choice of just one, the largest version is best (unless it's stretched). The resolution being too small for a display is more of a problem than the OS not downsizing an image well.

cfunk said:

if it's a choice of just one

And here we go again, another example that quantitative limits to uploads will eventually bite someone in the arse.

Yea, if it's a choice of just one, uploading the larger one is evident. (Not so much for a laptop user, which as I understand the vast majority of computer users in the US are, even if said laptop never leaves their desk.)

@greatwoohoo said:

You're wrong noob.

Sure, sure, let's resort to name calling when you can't provide evidence of the contrary.

This:

2560 x 160014

turns into this: