Opening and sharing the dev work

Hi,

Just to clarify my post it's just an idea, and not a complain in any case.

These words came to my mind after reading the little "pseudo-hiring"post from Gandalf.

I will use my experience as an example : I seriously think that I can help, at a little scale to make this website better. But be a part of the dev team is too time-consuming as you said. So what about finding strength through unity? Make this project Open Source will help to achieve goals much faster, with a "core dev team" who decide of merging or not pull request... Like a lot of OS project.

So If some dev find the time the would pick a feature in the to-do list (with precise guidelines) and make his suggestion through a commit.

And deeper in the concept of open source we could also offer functionnalities that wasn't planned but nicely done.

That also could help to avoid dramatic end like wallbase's one.

Of cource in this scenario the dev team have to make precise guidelines about coding style, especially with the framework but why not.

PS: I really love what has been made. Like a phoenix you have managed to rise wallbase from it ashes. Thanks.