Crappy stuff..

(Why) Is such crappy stuff is allowed in Wallhaven? Look RUSniperA10 uploads. Thoose aren't even wallpapers.. Some kind voodo stuff or something.. Those "wallpapers" should be in NSFW/Sketchy category or removed at all, atleast latest uploaded stuff.

Last updated

Creepy stuff... That should at least be uploaded in wallpaper resolutions (16:9, 16:10, ...) Or just go to imgur.

FuriouZ Just because they don't fit your taste doesn't mean they can't be here. They are quite well done and some people really enjoy that stuff. They are definitely a lot more interesting than the endless stream of cars and babes we usually get, a lot of which aren't in default wallpapers ratios either. Though I will say the white borders are a bit annoying, I'd have really preferred it if he had cut those off.

As for flagging them sketchy, I don't see any reason for that. They are certainly quite gloomy with some bones and skulls, but according to our rules that isn't enough to flag them sketchy.

Gandalf said:

Though I will say the white borders are a bit annoying, I'd have really preferred it if he had cut those off.

Maybe it's just me, but i always crop pictures to a wallpaper resolution before saving them. So with or without borders, for me it's a kinda annoying to see so much pictures uploaded, which are not in wallpaper size (including Babes, Cars, etc.). Uploaders have to realize, that Wallhaven is not an image board, but a high quality wallpaper site.

Better once resized/cropped before upload, than many times after.

@acezy If you crop pictures before uploading them it means only people with the same resolution (or smaller) as you can use them. There are a lot of different resolutions and ratios, 16:9 isn't the only one. Some people use 5:4, some use portrait etc. By uploading a picture in the original resolution you leave people the choice to crop images exactly how they need them. Of course that also means more work for everybody so having wallpaper-sized uploads is good as well. But especially for pictures where the original deviates a lot from the standard wallpaper ratios it makes sense to just upload the original.

Gandalf said:

If you crop pictures before uploading them it means only people with the same resolution (or smaller) as you can use them. There are a lot of different resolutions and ratios, 16:9 isn't the only one. Some people use 5:4, some use portrait etc.

Good point, maybe in the future we could be given the option to provide different ratios of our wallpapers right in the uploading process, so they would appear with an "Other Sizes" group.

Gandalf said:

FuriouZ Just because they don't fit your taste doesn't mean they can't be here. They are quite well done and some people really enjoy that stuff. They are definitely a lot more interesting than the endless stream of cars and babes we usually get, a lot of which aren't in default wallpapers ratios either. Though I will say the white borders are a bit annoying, I'd have really preferred it if he had cut those off. As for flagging them sketchy, I don't see any reason for that. They are certainly quite gloomy with some bones and skulls, but according to our rules that isn't enough to flag them sketchy.

Okay, sorry then. Black listing system doesn't work for users?

FuriouZ said:

Okay, sorry then. Black listing system doesn't work for users?

Not at this time. Though I can see a reason for it, so we'll see about adding this as an option.

AksumkA said:

FuriouZ said: Okay, sorry then. Black listing system doesn't work for users? Not at this time. Though I can see a reason for it, so we'll see about adding this as an option.

Thanks ;)