Before alpha ends

Will there be a warning before you erase all the data after alpha stage? I would like to save all my wallpapers. It's no good if I lose them.

The warning already exists in the main page. So probably a good idea to keep saving all your wallpapers from now onwards.

The warning exists since december 2014 or even earlier.

Yes, which means anyone who wants to save wallpapers from alpha should be already saving them. There is no fixed time for migration to beta. It can happen anytime.

There will be a warning at least several days beforehand. We're not just going to wipe everything overnight without telling anybody. There is no ETA yet but when the time comes we will let you know.

Regardless, you should still always back up your collections if you want to keep them. If everybody starts downloading all their collections at once when we give a definitive date, we may be forced to limit connections in order to keep the site stable.

Will there be a beta stage?

We've talked about it but nothing like that is planned at the moment. Preparing archives takes a lot of processing and space on the server.

I thought downloading just took clicking on the image, right clicking and pressing "Save As". Am I missing something?

epicsneak He's talking about downloading multiple wallpapers at once, like a collection.

Its easier to just download as you fav, IMO.

kejsirajbek: I'm not trolling or joking why everyone ever thinks I'm trolling. lezboyd said:

There is no fixed time for migration to BETA.

This why I was asking about a beta stage. no trolling

@dwemer It really depends on how stable we're going to be when we decide to leave alpha. Beta is just a word to tell people that “some stuff may still be broken”, which is likely to be the case on any software that is less then 10 years old. If we do call it beta after the alpha (which is likely) that probably won't include another wipe. But there really are no definitive plans for what happens after alpha so it may go either way.

Gandalf said:

There will be a warning at least several days beforehand. We're not just going to wipe everything overnight without telling anybody.

But that would be really funny!

AksumkA said:

Gandalf said: There will be a warning at least several days beforehand. We're not just going to wipe everything overnight without telling anybody. But that would be really funny!

my sides ... xD

Gandalf said: There will be a warning at least several days beforehand. We're not just going to wipe everything overnight without telling anybody.

AksumkA said: But that would be really funny!

I awoke from nightmares in cold sweat all to often, thinking wallhaven had been wiped. I can imagine better fun to be honest.

@acezy said:

I can imagine better fun to be honest.

Telling everybody without a wipe?

@dwemer said:

Telling everybody without a wipe?

That would at least make me download all my favorites, which i am way too lazy to.

a 14 Day Countdown would be great

Last updated