Allowing movie/TV series screenshots

Find it really frustrating that my screenshots of series/movies that happen to be in great quality get removed as it's against rules because screenshots are generally bad quality but then I see this.

http://alpha.wallhaven.cc/wallpaper/158108 (I don't see any reason to link more examples of this)

Sooooo many other wallpapers that are in the worst quality imaginable with a horrible resolution and trademarks/watermarks all over the place.

Please change what you view as "bad quality"...

We hear ya! There is a discussion currently happening among staff to allow High Quality movie/tv series screenshots. It is almost a done deal. We are working out what daily limits to apply to uploads of screenshots so that the site is not overwhelmed with sub-par bulk screenshots that overshadow other types of content.

I am going to take this chance to try and make this discussion about limits public. What do you think should be a reasonable limit for HIGH QUALITY screenshots per day per user? Please don't mind if I change the topic header to that effect.

(As for that particular example, an anime-centric admin would be able to shed some light on it more than me.)

The example you linked has been deleted, thank you for reporting it. If a low quality wallpaper does not get noticed by a staff member and it does not get reported by the community it just slips by unnoticed and remains on the site. If you happen to find any other low quality wallpapers please report those as well.

lezboyd said:

We hear ya! There is a discussion currently happening among staff to allow High Quality movie/tv series screenshots. It is almost a done deal. We are working out what daily limits to apply to uploads of screenshots so that the site is not overwhelmed with sub-par bulk screenshots that overshadow other types of content. I am going to take this chance to try and make this discussion about limits public. What do you think should be a reasonable limit for HIGH QUALITY screenshots per day per user? Please don't mind if I change the topic header to that effect. (As for that particular example, an anime-centric admin would be able to shed some light on it more than me.)

Good to hear its being discussed. And I if it was up to me I wouldn't have a "max X per day" I would only make it so screenshots below a certain resolution (for example 1920x1080) just doesn't work. But idk how that could be put into the works. Or a minimum MB on the file, idk really. Maybe have a different type of upload? Upload > select screenshot etc