Tags... No more plural words??

So I am going through and tagging and now it seems that the plural words are no longer being used ?? So what does this mean. Are we done using plural words to label things???

Yeah, it was announced in this thread but kinda drowned. I moved the thread to Site News, maybe it'll get a little more exposure.

Basically the reason we had the rule of using plural was because our previous search engine would not find plural versions like “cats” if there was only a tag called #{cat}. However the new search engine is able to compensate things like that, so now tags can be either plural or singular, whichever makes sense. For example coffee beans usually still appear in multiples. Just make sure not to add both. For example if #dogs already exists, don't add dog. It may eventually get renamed my a staff member.

I'm changing most tags to singular as I come across them, so it's a little chaotic just now (when isn't it?) If you get a create tag prompt for something you know exists, you'll know.