Lost access to my profile, need to recover

Hello everybody!

I have an account named Ishaor and I no longer have the e-mail address and the password associated with this account. I have more than six hundred favorited pictures (not publicly shown), and the only thing I want is recovering them! I already tried contacting [email protected], but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated for my favs to be restored - thank you so much!

Gandalf said:

Hillmar Do you have any kind of proof that it's your account?

I can name some of my favorited wallpapers because I downloaded them on my computer! I really hope this helps.

Gandalf said:

Hillmar Do you have any kind of proof that it's your account? hamda97 What's your stake in this?

Sorry, just thought that I might help keep the thread alive since it seemed to important to OP

hamda97 said:

Sorry, just thought that I might help keep the thread alive since it seemed to important to OP

It IS important, for me, so thank you. Still waiting for the answer.

I have an account named Ishaor and I no longer have the e-mail address and the password associated with this account

Huh .. it sounds sketchy too me..

To login in site you dont have too enter email adress , Even when you change location you are not asked for confirmation which is sended to email (recently moved myself)

The thing is what you have written cant prove that was your account text is one blur... I could point to any account say that

Maybe if moderators decide you could PM one of moderators and prove him like giving previous used email/password but no guaranties there

But yeah... i think you are just trying to get hands on acc which is not yours ,, come on dont tell me you forgot even how to access your email (since you could have used forgot pass)

P.S my text is big mess since i wrote what i thinked .. (dont take too your heart since i most not be only one who read and thinked the same)

Hillmar said:

Still waiting for the answer.

You got two separate answers via PM from two admins, I think that should be enough.

Here's the general version for everybody: Unless you can somehow prove that it is, in fact, your account, we can't give you access. Everything else would be grossly irresponsible on our part..

Do you have any kind of proof that it's your account?

Hillmar You can send to a moderator your device IP adress from where you log in before. Eg.1 If you usually log in using a computer, told to a moderator/helper the computer IP. Eg.2 If you were log in from multiple device, then told to a moderator the respective device+IP.

Note: To identify your device IP, for phone you can find IP in settings > about device (or something like that). In general, you can search on internet about IP.

I think that this site have an evidence about what device are logging in. I hope this would help.

Ip address isn't a proof of identity. I'm also willing to bet that the he has a dynamic ip address so it wouldn't help anyway. Your best bet is to just find those wallpapers again, shouldn't be that hard if you know what to look for.

sannukas0016 said:

Your best bet is to just find those wallpapers again, shouldn't be that hard if you know what to look for.

He said "more than six hundred favorited pictures" though :/

And an idea that crossed my mind - are the admins able to see when a user was last logged in? If yes, then: 1) The OP should be able to more or less confirm the date 2) If no one has logged onto the account since, well... there's a good chance he's telling the truth.

Though I'm still a little unsure how you can completely lose access to your e-mail... I get my half a dozen passwords mixed up all the time and I'm not sure I ever completely locked myself out of any account.

VincentTL said:

And an idea that crossed my mind - are the admins able to see when a user was last logged in? If yes, then: 1) The OP should be able to more or less confirm the date 2) If no one has logged onto the account since, well... there's a good chance he's telling the truth.

Actually, anyone can go to the profile [url][url]https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/user/Ishaor[/url][/url] and see when the account was registered and last accessed, so sadly this won't be an argument... :(

Though I'm still a little unsure how you can completely lose access to your e-mail... I get my half a dozen passwords mixed up all the time and I'm not sure I ever completely locked myself out of any account.

I used a temporary e-mail address that self-destructs in 10 minutes ([url][url]10minutemail.com[/url][/url]). Easy to register, but no fun when it comes to restoring your password...

TCBfergie said:

To login in site you dont have too enter email adress ,

But you do need an e-mail to restore your password.

Maybe if moderators decide you could PM one of moderators and prove him like giving previous used email/password but no guaranties there

I'll try to do just that, for one last time. If not, than so be it...

But yeah... i think you are just trying to get hands on acc which is not yours ,, come on dont tell me you forgot even how to access your email (since you could have used forgot pass)

As I already said when replying to VincentTL, when I registered, I used a temporary e-mail address which disappeared 10 minutes later.[/quote]

Hillmar said:

VincentTL said: Actually, anyone can go to the profile [url][url]https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/user/Ishaor[/url][/url] and see when the account was registered and last accessed, so sadly this won't be an argument... :( I used a temporary e-mail address that self-destructs in 10 minutes ([url][url]10minutemail.com[/url][/url]). Easy to register, but no fun when it comes to restoring your password...

Um lol. I never noticed that for some reason, using the site for ages now. I feel absolutely potato.

Uhm... Well, that does not help.

Hillmar said:

By the way, sannukas0016, Nathrezim, and VincentTL, I didn't say that I am male :D

Sorry, derp default internet assumption, for some reason.

An update for anyone who's interested:

We were able to verify Hillmar as the owner of the ishaor account. They were able to remember some tags they added to a wallpaper, and I was able to confirm the claim.

For anyone else using a temporary email, or non-legit email, keep this in mind. We don't sell you address or ever send you emails unless you need a password reset. If you care about your wallhaven account, make sure you use an email address you have access to!