Profile issues on Vivaldi browser

Hey there,

I am having some strange problems on profile pages with the Vivaldi browser. Every time I visit my profile or the profile of another user, the site is acting up strangely. Not sure where this is coming from. Just to be clear - I do not have any problems on other pages of wallhaven or any other website. In addition, it happens only with Vivaldi. With Firefox or Chrome everything is fine.

This is what’s happening: No matter which profile subpage I visit, mostly random elements of the site are loading slow and when I scroll through the page or hover over an element, it starts flickering. After a while, the site might look as being loaded completely, but if I scroll down or up, elements disappear randomly or start flickering as well. The same with the header part. If I hover over an image, there usually should be a transition with the fav counter, but on Vivaldi it does not show up or it appears on the wrong position. Sometimes elements are only visible partly.

As I said, I have no idea, where this is coming from. First, I thought that it might be a problem with Vivaldi itself or with some of my extensions. What I did was I created a new profile, which literally resets the browser. However, even with a new profile and no extensions installed, the problem is still unsolved.

It is hard to describe, if you do not see it. Therefor I made a few screenshots. Maybe this helps. If you need any further information, please let me know!

Check the RAM usage when the flickers show up, It may be a "memory-cap" issue. What OS do you use? This thread on Vivaldi's forum may help.

Mirokv said:

Check the RAM usage when the flickers show up, It may be a "memory-cap" issue. What OS do you use? This thread on Vivaldi's forum may help.

Hey mate,

I am using Windows 10. As far as I can tell, it is not a memory cap problem. Vivaldi is using 1.2 GB RAM right now, with about 20 tabs open. I guess that is okay. I am having 32 GB RAM, so it should not be a problem. The CPU usage is at 1.6 percent.

I also checked if there is an error coming up on the dev console, but there is nothing. I monitored the network and the site is loading fast. First, I thought it might be a JS problem, but as there're no errors on the console...

To me it looks like some kind of rendering error. I checked the profile "uploads"-page with the W3 validator and there is an error about an li-element, which is not closed correctly. Not sure if that one is causing it and Vivaldi can't handle it? I am not sure.

My background is the one of a frontend dev, so I usually know a few things, but to be honest, I have no idea what is happening here. For me the profile isn't useable at the moment. At least as long as I use my main browser, which is Vivaldi.

That reminds me the jquery+html5 glitch in previous versions of Yandex. I've found a post (vivaldi's forum again) that could fix that.

"... Sometimes I encounter display problems with blurry fonts, disappearing top-bar and icons."

Pvris said:

My background is the one of a frontend dev, so I usually know a few things, but to be honest, I have no idea what is happening here.

You probably know more about this than me, I hope this gives you some clue.

Although no one official seems to be interested, I just wanted to add, that I am seeing similar problems on chrome. On Chrome, the overall layout is working, but there is still some "flickering" going on. For example - When I hover over a menu item, while I am on my or another person’s profile. The same, if I hover over an image item and the transition (slide) starts. However, it only happens if the (a) second page has been loaded via the Ajax request. If only the first set/ page is being loaded, there is no problem.

I think that a tag, which has not been closed somewhere, is causing the problem. As I said above, the W3 validator states, that there is a missing li-tag somewhere, but a close-tag has been found. It also seems to be a problem of chrome-based browsers only. Firefox seems to be able to ignore the problem, as well as Yandex.

I will be using Firefox browser for the moment, but the problem remains unsolved and others might ran into it.

Pvris I've fixed the misaligned <li> tag, should go live soon. If that solves it, great. Otherwise it might be an issue on your side. Flickering might be related to problems with graphics drivers etc.

I don't think we've had any other reports like yours. If anyone else is experiencing the same problem please let us know.

Gandalf - Thanks for the info. I will try it out again, when the fix has been committed, and let you know, if it has been fixed.

I do not know what the cause of it is. Although, it might be a problem of the graphics card or the driver, I do not think that this is the case here. I do not have any problems on other sites. As I mentioned above, I am working with websites on a daily basis, and never experienced such a problem. Do not get me wrong here - I am not saying that it is your fault. I just do not know where it is coming from. In +20 years a frontend dev, I never experienced a problem like this one.

[url]https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/forums/thread/1279[/url] Gandalf This is a link to a thread for the same issue.

The GPU usage spikes up in my case, i checked with my graphics drivers and other things but it still didn't fix it for me, the site behaves erratically (thumbnails not loading, visual lag etc.) Using Windows 10 Home v1709 latest build Opera v49.0 i7 16GB RAM

Thank you for your concern! I hope you find a solution soon! Thanks!