Slow site and slow tagging

Hey there,

Since a few days I recognized, that the site seems to be slow and very slow at certain times. I guess it is during peak times in different areas, like Europe or the US. However, during normal times the site seems to be slow as well repeatedly for a few minutes or even longer.

I am not quite sure, if it is just me and my internet connection or the routing to your server, or if others are having the same problem. To me it looks like, that the server is busy during those times with DB requests and other things.

Especially when it comes to uploads and tagging it is somehow annoying. The auto complete on the tag field sometimes doesn't even work or takes forever and even if you type in the tag yourself and add it, it sometimes takes 10+ seconds until it shows up on the tag cloud.

I also recognized that the site does switch to a cached version during peak times and seems to be unable to deliver a live version.

I just wanted to let you know about it. I am sure, that you can find out more through server monitoring. I am just guessing here.

Maybe others can add their experiences, so you know that it is just a few or more people.

Thanks to the Wallhaven team for your efforts!

It's not an internet connection problem. I have the same experiences. Most annoying is tagging, becouse even if you type whole tag by yourself you still have to wait for response from the site to write and add another one, so uploading and tagging 10 wallpapers can sometime take up to 30min.

Cryzeen said:

[...] so uploading and tagging 10 wallpapers can sometime take up to 30min.

Yeah, that is exactly my experience.

Same for me, I'm using Opera 47.0 and Google Chrome 61.0 on W10

Luckily I found this thread, same thing here, loading even a 500kb image can take minutes.

Kingbourne Yes i have the same problem too, whenever i open my recent uploads or favourites it takes way too much time to load the page.

Obseek I'm using Opera 49.0 , i don't know if it's browser specific though.