[suggestion]latest browsing : insert timing in the client-server dialog ?

Hi, I noticed a slight "issue" so to speak, when browsing for "latest wallpapers" if you happen to look at one page for a few minutes, then continue browsing you may get doubled-up screenshots or even entire pages

why ? -I guess it's because the entire "latest wallpapers" is pushed back by new arrivals, then when your client loads up the "next page" of screenshots, it will actually load up ones you already viewed

result : -this creates a multitude of identical results on the client's browser

suggestion : -maybe if the timing at which a search was started was transmitted to the server, then the server could send the "right" pictures that correspond to this client timing -how ? the server would "ignore" any wallpaper added after the "timing" in question

notes: it's just a suggestion, I have no idea how doable it is, cause I have no idea what the code looks like. I don't think this would cause any performance issues (it's just an additional timing after all, but maybe it would, depends how it's done in the background)

have a nice day.

This shouldn't be an issue if you have this enabled:

because then you'll know not to click on the same thumbnail again.

If your issue, however, is solely with the reappearing thumbnails, then I can't help much except to tell you to browse faster or use infinite pagination. In my experience, 2-4 thumbnails getting pushed to the next page has never bothered me. I'd literally have to stop browsing for at least an hour to see a significant number of thumbs get pushed over(even then only about 1/4 to 1/3 of a 64 thumbnail page). Probably because the heavy uploaders aren't online at my time. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Or use Twitter-like pagination, based only on id (a page is 20 elements before id 123465 for example) on not on offset. This technique is the only one totally reliable for dynamic lists but of course only applicable when sorted by "Date added".

shadomare said:

Or use Twitter-like pagination, based only on id (a page is 20 elements before id 123465 for example) on not on offset. This technique is the only one totally reliable for dynamic lists but of course only applicable when sorted by "Date added".

Too bad this is happening.

defurious said:

This shouldn't be an issue if you have this enabled: because then you'll know not to click on the same thumbnail again. If your issue, however, is solely with the reappearing thumbnails, then I can't help much except to tell you to browse faster or use infinite pagination. In my experience, 2-4 thumbnails getting pushed to the next page has never bothered me. I'd literally have to stop browsing for at least an hour to see a significant number of thumbs get pushed over(even then only about 1/4 to 1/3 of a 64 thumbnail page). Probably because the heavy uploaders aren't online at my time. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not bothered by it. Though I'd hazard it would be a nice polish for 1.x versions of wallhaven or something.

also "remember seen walls" is active but not always 100% working over here. I never really looked up why, cause I didn't really care that much. it's not even about clicking the same stuff, it's just about seeing the same stuff sometimes for 1 or 2 whole pages. (and besides I don't click everything so there might not be any "seen" tag on any of them.)