01/28/17 Update Feedback

Let us know what you think of the latest changes and additions here!

• Added a crop & scale function to wallpapers (pick any size you like!)

• Profile replies! You can now reply directly to posts on your profile

• Tons of layout tweaks

• Backend enhancements

• Bugfixes

I'm also going to try and post a thread like this for every update so we can collect some more focused feedback. Feel free to dump any thoughts on this update here!

Last updated

It's very good!!! I hope this reduces duplication of images a bit

Very funny, Dipper. That's very funny coming from you.

AksumkA does this mean the rule > Only the largest version of each wallpaper remains. All smaller versions are considered duplicates and will be merged into the largest one.

from here is in effect?

The cropping tool is pretty great except for the lack of a selectable cropping area as KrimzinZV pointed out. Makes it a no go for cropping one orientation into the other which is what I see myself using it the most for. Windows already automatically scales and fits landscape images for me anyway. The resolution choice is pretty comprehensive(even dual and triple monitor setups!) and the whole process is quite fast. Well done. :)

Love the new comment box in profiles. Brings it more in line with the forums. Theres a bug with Preview mode, though, I'm not sure if it existed before. Clicking Send Reply while in Preview mode returns a Comment Creation Failed error. I had to type this up twice. :P

When trying to crop to a resolution larger than the original there is a warning, which is great (though not really visible it the popup itself). But I think you should also change the appearance of the buttons, like a bit lower opacity, to make it clear that these options will upscale the image.

Also why compressing in PNG ? From my experience JPEG 95% is more than enough.

defurious said:

AksumkA does this mean the rule from here is in effect?

Not yet. There are a couple more things I want to take care of before we officially announce that rule change.

defurious said:

The cropping tool is pretty great except for the lack of a selectable cropping area as KrimzinZV pointed out.

I won't add that for now. That thing is already finicky in terms of browser support. I could add a dropdown to align the cropped area top/left vs. center vs. bottom/right, if people consider it useful.

defurious said:

Theres a bug with Preview mode, though, I'm not sure if it existed before. Clicking Send Reply while in Preview mode returns a Comment Creation Failed error. I had to type this up twice. :P

Should be fixed now, thanks for mentioning it.

1)looks messy 2)should be ajax, now reloading the page on post 3)shouldn't be opened by default, it's distracting

4)see no point in 'crop and scale' feature

^ my feedback

My only fear is that images will be upscaled and reuploaded. Maybe allow to only downscale to a proper ratio?

i agree with @dwemer the comment window shouldn't be opened in default You should make it pop out when clicked

Is it just me or has the site become very slow ?

Thanks for all the feedback! Keep it coming!

As for the slowness, we cleared our cache at Cloudflare so that needs to rebuild. We should be back to where we were in a day or so.

Thanks for the Info. And yes, the the comment window shouldn't be opened in default.

Gandalf said:

defurious said: I won't add that for now. That thing is already finicky in terms of browser support. I could add a dropdown to align the cropped area top/left vs. center vs. bottom/right, if people consider it useful.

perhaps Create.JS is something useful? I've had many uses for it. And if it's on it's own seperate page, lag or slowness should be kept to a minimum.

Small update just went live. As requested the new comment editor in the user profiles is now hidden behind a button. (TCBfergie, @dwemer)

defurious said:

Clicking Send Reply while in Preview mode returns a Comment Creation Failed error.

Should be fixed.

Additionally subscriptions notices are now sorted properly. Let us know if you encounter any issues with that.

Gandalf Nice. Looks like I got that feature request out just in time. Thanks.

Additionally subscriptions notices are now sorted properly. Let us know if you encounter any issues with that.

Are you talking about how that page doesn't keep track of what was show on previous pages when viewing many notices?

UPDATE: the new Clear All Subscriptions button broke that page. I got a "Whoops! Something went wrong." and can no longer go there after using it.

UPDATE 2: I tagged something with a subscribed tag and am now able to access that page but I didn't get a subscription alert. Also Mota has reported this as well: https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/forums/thread/1074

Last updated

Subscription issue fixed. Will have to come back to the upload bug later.