Question regarding HUGE re-upload from old wallhaven-site

I still have aprox. 1.3k wallpapers from the original wallhaven site (when the wallpapers still were saved as "wallpaper-[NUMBERS].extension".

I'd like to upload them, but the 15-wallpapers-per-bulk limit is a huge hindrance - can there something be done, like temporarily removing that restriction?

Or should I wait with the upload after the wipe (whenever this happens? - we are in "Alpha" quite long now...) ?

Let me know ! :)

Cheers, Tred.

I'm no moderator/developer but I had the same issue last year so I can at least answer your question.

What I was basically told and agreed with:

The limit is in place to restrict uploads at one time for the purpose of maintaining the system (checking walls against rules and dups for example.) Huge mass uploads can also allow the potential of bulk spam uploads. (Those exist even with the current limit and its annoying) The limit to uploads also encourages tagging of wallpapers which in the long run helps others in searches.

If it helps, the limit forces pacing to uploads, which I think is kinda nice in the long run. But that's just me.

TahMahn in in this thread said, that:

Reuploading all the wallpapers that existed on Wallbase was the original plan. I'm not sure if that's still the idea, as many of those wallpapers- and many more- have already been uploaded here again.

Wouldn't reuploading 1.3k of old wallpapers result in creating huge amount of dupes? I would at least wait till the dupe detection is reliable enough and would filter out wallpapers that are already uploaded.

@swift502 said:

Wouldn't reuploading 1.3k of old wallpapers result in creating huge amount of dupes? I would at least wait till the dupe detection is reliable enough and would filter out wallpapers that are already uploaded.

Amen to that.

Thanks for your input ! (better late than never)

So far, i've only uploaded some wallpapers with certain tags to fill the "holes" - which is fine by me too, one chunk at a time..

And: thanks for reminding me of dupe-detection - i'll wait until it's implemented!