Coffee ! [wip]

Just a simple wallpaper I threw together with a free coffee logo I found online & basic knowledge using paint.net Thinking of adding a quote about how important coffee is to us above the cup (us as in the people who depend on coffee to get through life every day), been looking online and can't find one that fits. My imagination isn't the greatest as is, and when it comes to writing it's even worse. Anyone here got a good quote or saying I could add? What do you guys think overall? Change colors? Add some text or scrap that idea? - All input is appreciated, be it positive or negative

Image is 1920x1080, I made a 3840x1080 one as well for dual monitor setups. (the line just continues across the other display) [url]http://tinypic.com/r/rbgoq0/9[/url] <--- Link to 3840x1080 version Feel free to edit it yourself if you can do a better job, I would actually appreciate it if someone did.

Last updated

Colors are good. I only remember one quote concerning coffee and that is a sign with a pinup girl saying: "You can sleep while you're dead!" Although I'm not sure if it would fit into this one.:D

I can't understand people who drink coffee to wake up. This isn't affecting me at all.

Added 2016-01-09 15:25:48

Really? You can't be serious. You mean you drink it and you suddenly about to transform to your combat form?

Ristril I think it's pretty cool. Adding typography might be a very bad idea in this case, because it will throw the calm simplicity completely off balance. Something you might try instead (emphasis on try) is using some very very soft gradients in the background.

Gandalf said:

Something you might try instead (emphasis on try) is using some very very soft gradients in the background.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking Preferably a radial gradient

Gandalf Thanks, I've also been thinking the typography isn't a good idea since I've been using it as my wallpaper. I've even reduced rainmeter down to just a couple things on screen. As for the gradients I like the sound of that, I'll go mess around with it see where it goes.

gospodin I've seen that one a while back myself! although I like the quote, I agree it wouldn't fit. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Added 2016-01-10 00:27:27

AgEnTx19 Been screwing with different type of gradients, I like the idea of a radial gradient but not doing so great with it..

Anyone feel like giving it a shot? Here's a link to the .pdn file [url]http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=05705718795078529226[/url]

Added 2016-01-10 03:09:08

Added a slight linear gradient to the upper bit, darker near the bottom and lighter near the top. Pretty much the only one of my results I thought looked half decent

No Gradient:

With Gradient:

Last updated