Wallhaven Viewer [Windows app]

App allows you to search wallpapers, view thumbnails, view tags, download full wallpapers, set as desktop background, add/remove favorites, add/remove collections.

There are 3 types of search:

1. General search. Example: cats, "black cats"
    2. Viewing your favorites* (search options is ignored). Format: $<collection_name>|<collection_id> collection_name and collection_id is optional. If collection_id is not specified, app will make an additional request for obtaining collection ID (ID is inserted when you double click on the collection in the list of collections), if collection_name is not specified (only "$"), default collection will be loaded ([url]http://alpha.wallhaven.cc/favorites[/url]). Example: $, $Default, $Default|12345
    3. Viewing user uploads (search options is ignored). Example: rnduser
      • requires account.

App requires .NET Framework 4.5.

This is my first app on C#.

Changes in v1.0.1:

Sorry for my (and Google Translator) bad English. :)

Download (URL shortener for statistics)

Last updated

That looks interesting. I'd love to see how it works, have you made the source code available somewhere?

Looks good Is the UI written in qt? If yes, then it can be easily ported to Linux and Mac

I'm surprised that people are interested in the source code. I did not think about it, I am not accustomed to publish source code and have no experience with source repositories.

AgEnTx19 said:

Looks good Is the UI written in qt? If yes, then it can be easily ported to Linux and Mac

C#, Microsoft Visual Studio. C# can also be ported to Linux and Mac, but I almost did not know about that.

@CWSobaki C# and C++ are very different, hardly my code will help you.

Sorry rnduser but it's really easy to uncompile C# bytecode with ILSpy for example...

He just doesn't want to share his code, it's obvious. I'm not installing anything handling my login data, that isn't open source.

3518 said:

Sorry rnduser but it's really easy to uncompile C# bytecode with ILSpy for example...

I know. So what's the problem?

Asagrim said:

He just doesn't want to share his code, it's obvious. I'm not installing anything handling my login data, that isn't open source.

Wallhaven accounts have no value. Open source - not a guarantee of safety. You explore the source of all the programs you use? Obviously, no.

I am disappointed with the reaction of people. I tried to make a useful program, but people think I'm a account stealer.

Sorry for my English again.

rnduser said:

I am disappointed with the reaction of people. I tried to make a useful program, but people think I'm a account stealer.

Well well, don't jump to generalizations like that. I asked for your source code because I'm curious and because people usually have no problem with sharing their code for a program this size. If you prefer to keep it for yourself that's obviously your choice.

Sharing your code is considered a sign of trustworthiness. It's not that everybody is individually going to inspect your code, although it would definitely make it harder to hide some kind of backdoor. Not impossible, mind. Our code (wallhaven.cc) isn't public either and even if it was you'd have no guarantee that we're not somehow logging passwords in order to find people who are dumb enough to reuse them on other, more important sites.

It's a matter of trust, not accusation. Right now, right here, nobody knows who you are. You have no history for people to look at. You're just a name offering a piece of software on a forum on the internet. To most people that doesn't matter, and it's fine. But you cannot blame those who are wary, even if some of them are being a bit too blunt about it.

Gandalf said:

It's a matter of trust, not accusation. Right now, right here, nobody knows who you are. You have no history for people to look at. You're just a name offering a piece of software on a forum on the internet.

Yes, I understand. Several of my public works, maybe it will add a little bit of confidence: a few plugins for the chat CommFort ("Crazy ...", forum in Russian), GTA: SA Crazy Trainer (easy to Google), GTA: SA Crazy IMG Editor (same).

Got this error when I tried to close it

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ** Exception Text ** System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\SONY-\AppData\Roaming\Wallhaven Viewer\log.txt'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append) at Wallhaven_Viewer.Log.Write(String where, String text) at Wallhaven_Viewer.Log.Write(String where, Exception e) at Wallhaven_Viewer.MainForm.Form1_FormClosed(Object sender, FormClosedEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed(FormClosedEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ** Loaded Assemblies ** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- Wallhaven Viewer Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/SONY-/Desktop/Wallhaven%20Viewer/Wallhaven%20Viewer.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- CsQuery Assembly Version: 1.3.3.249 Win32 Version: 1.3.3.249 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/SONY-/Desktop/Wallhaven%20Viewer/CsQuery.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Runtime.Serialization Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll ---------------------------------------- SMDiagnostics Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/SMDiagnostics/v4.0_4.0.0.0b77a5c561934e089/SMDiagnostics.dll ---------------------------------------- System.ServiceModel.Internals Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel.Internals/v4.0_4.0.0.031bf3856ad364e35/System.ServiceModel.Internals.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Web Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Security Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Security/v4.0_4.0.0.0b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Security.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- ** JIT Debugging ** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: <configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /> </configuration> When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Other than that its a very nice app.

OP: Thanks for your effort and work.

Keep in mind that if 1000 people use it, 998 will love it, 2 will go on their own missions and have issues - it's the way of life. Shrug it off - don't let it get to you. Nothing you ever do will be perfect in 100% of people.

navjotjsingh said:

Got this error when I tried to close it

Will be fixed in the next version (I hope :).

medicnick83 said:

OP: Thanks for your effort and work. Keep in mind that if 1000 people use it, 998 will love it, 2 will go on their own missions and have issues - it's the way of life. Shrug it off - don't let it get to you. Nothing you ever do will be perfect in 100% of people.

Yeah, you are right.

Port it to GNU-Linux is a most! So, so, so tired to use wine all the time for apps.

Duzu said:

Port it to GNU-Linux is a most! So, so, so tired to use wine all the time for apps.

Try Mono.

Nice software man, thx. Can you add "uncheck all" button?

harfendaz said:

Nice software man, thx. Can you add "uncheck all" button?

Look at the context menu (right click). :)

Wallhaven Viewer v1.0.1. Changes have been made long ago, but I'm waiting for something. :)

Changes:

Download

Sharing your code is also way to ensure somebody would be able to continue enhancing it when you will be tired of it. And the benefits of allowing people to contribute to your software (via merge-requests on Github for example) are countless. Just my two cents on why I made [url]http://alpha.wallhaven.cc/forums/thread/40[/url] Open Source (though I didn't get contributions on this particular project yet)

@SpunExistence said:

It worked once last night the first time I ran it. Hasnt worked since that first run. When I click the exe nothing happens or it causes Explorer to crash. Task Manager shows 3 instrances of the exe running. Cant end task on any of them and eventually just have to reboot. It sucks cause i dig the app. See if you can fix it please. Im on Win7.

Oh shit... This is strange. Send me config.xml and log.txt (if exists) from \Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Wallhaven Viewer.

shadomare said:

Sharing your code is also way to ensure somebody would be able to continue enhancing it when you will be tired of it. And the benefits of allowing people to contribute to your software (via merge-requests on Github for example) are countless.

I understand, but I never published my projects in the repositories (so I have no experience) and I do not think that this project will be of interest to people.

Last updated