selecting tag seems to be attempting to add it twice + slow tagging

hi, seem to be having a slight issue with tagging images, when i add one tag, it tries to add it twice, not sure if anyone else is being affected by this, could someone report back if it is doing this also??

as another note, the tagging system seems to be unusually slow, it used to be really fast, not sure if this is because of all the tags in the database that it needs to retreive? but in any case, im having to wait some time for the database to register any tags or to even notice that im trying to tag something

I have the same issue for about 2 days allready. It seems the system is a little bit slowed down or something. Especially tagging is really slow. Hopefully it will be OK soon.

Yeah,

it looks like, that the whole server was and is busy during the last couple of days. Sometimes it takes ages when you scroll through some pages for the request to get handled and the overall performance seems to be worse than it was before. Not sure if there was an increase in visitors or if the server / the database was busy with other things. It looks like, that especially any kind of database request got slower, like it is with tagging. There seem to be peaks, like in the evening (my evening), which seem to be peak time in the US (east coast), while there are other times, like now, where it is much better.

Bottom line is, that it got continually worse during the last days and weeks.

I am saying this, so the admins can check if something changed, or if it is just more traffic.

Just to give you guys a timeframe - Right now it is nearly impossible to tag wallpapers, as it sometimes takes up to 10 seconds for the tag to appear, both the live suggestion and the chosen tag.

Last updated

Yea, lately tagging is real pain in the ass.

The whole site seems to be extremely slow again. Response times from 5 to 10 seconds. Just wanted to let you know. The problem exists since about two weeks now. Dunno if it was the last update, or if you're experiencing any kind of DDOS or if it is just many page impressions. It's realy hard to use the site during certain times.

We know the site is slow (duh) and it's a problem. We did a few things to search indexing in the last update (wallpapers are getting indexed more frequently than before) and that has caused a lot of performance issues. Some of them have already been solved but it's still too much. I can't give you more than that right now, like I said, you'll have to be patient. Sorry :/