[REQUEST] Unstick Header Option

How about looking into the possibility of adding an option to the settings menu that will let users choose themselves if the header should be sticked to the top of the browserwindow or not. I for one would love to unstick it.

Too many options make the settings too cluttered. You'd be pretty much the only one using it.

Gandalf said:

You'd be pretty much the only one using it.

What a biased answer. Is that judgment based on your own personal opinion? If you guys don't want it that way, then fine - just say so.

The thing is, the header was unstuck at [color=#FFFF99]wallbase[/color], and we had hundreds asking for it to be stuck. So we stuck it permanently this time. It is more useful being stuck, IMHO, 'cause easy accessibility.

Just a quick thought on this. While it's true that there isn't any issue on the desktop version of the website with this, it makes the mobile version next to unusable since almost half of the screen is taken up by the header (at least that was how it was on my phone). I don't really use the mobile version much, but I've found that to be a rather big problem.

I, for one, would honestly browse much more on mobile if I had this option, but I do not know how long it'd take to implement it, or whether there are many other people who found this to be an issue.

To be honest, we have not yet optimized the site for mobile use. When and when the API is out, other developers can use it to create mobile apps for various platforms. We already have a few interested devs.

Yeah, the design is barely adjusted for mobile devices. I know responsive design is The Shit™, but since our primary focus are desktop wallpapers, I'm considering it a much lower priority.

equation said:

What a biased answer. Is that judgment based on your own personal opinion? If you guys don't want it that way, then fine - just say so.

It's what I think is true, I dunno if that makes me biased. I gave you reasons for the decision, so it's not just what I want, but what I believe to be in everybody's best interest. It's common for people to ask for small things to be optional. These things pile up and clutter the settings menus to the point where new users have difficulties finding anything they actually care about.

As for the header, it would absolutely make sense to have that non-sticky for smaller screens. I'll check that out.