Performance issues with Google Chrome.

I've noticed that this site has become extremely slow while using chrome, only when it loads images thoug. I've tried to tweak those settings, without luck.

Seems to work way better with IE. I think it has just got worse from what it used to be. No, it's not my internet connect.

Anyone else noticed ?

I have no problems with performance in chrome.. Maybe just a slow internet connection

somefckr said:

I've noticed that this site has become extremely slow while using chrome, only when it loads images thoug. I've tried to tweak those settings, without luck. Seems to work way better with IE. I think it has just got worse from what it used to be. No, it's not my internet connect. Anyone else noticed ?

What do you mean by "extremely slow"? The website might not work as fast as it could, but in no way would I lable it as extremely slow, or even slow for that matter. Granted I don't have IE on this PC at the moment, but when I compare it with Edge - Chrome is certainly faster at loading pages while scrolling through the latest walls. Maybe you got some kind of malware which affects Chrome on your computer - slowing it down?

Also, keep in mind that Wallhaven is currently still in alpha. The fact that it's not optimized equally for all browsers atm. is not that surprising.

Last updated

I'm using the latest version of chrome 44.0.2403.157 m (64-bit) No problems here. I have 8GB of RAM and Running Window 10 Enterprise 64-bit. With two tabs open, Chrome is using about 500MB of RAM

equation said:

somefckr said: I've noticed that this site has become extremely slow while using chrome, only when it loads images thoug. I've tried to tweak those settings, without luck. Seems to work way better with IE. I think it has just got worse from what it used to be. No, it's not my internet connect. Anyone else noticed ? What do you mean by "extremely slow"? The website might not work as fast as it could, but in no way would I lable it as extremely slow, or even slow for that matter. Granted I don't have IE on this PC at the moment, but when I compare it with Edge - Chrome is certainly faster at loading pages while scrolling through the latest walls. Maybe you got some kind of malware which affects Chrome on your computer - slowing it down? Also, keep in mind that Wallhaven is currently still in alpha. The fact that it's not optimized equally for all browsers atm. is not that surprising.

It slows down if i scroll down while those images are still loading. It has performed noticeably better while ago.
    IE seemed to load those images way faster, so i didn't notice any slowing.

Anyway, it might be just my setup. Just wanted to know, if you're experiencing the same.

For sure we probably need to make improvements. We've only recently been looking more carefully at what's been causing slowness in the listings, so I'm sure there's going to be room for improvement.

Could also be the site just being slow as usual. We're still slowly working on that.