Improve Performance

I know, it's a common problem, but you really should improve the performance. Exploring wallhaven feels pretty lame and sluggish. Means, pages take too long to load.

Thx in advance. :)

Especially while browsing in infinite mode. Just saying, modern web browser can dynamically load content, but also unload it. See what i mean?

I have no problems with loading...Maybe the problem is in your internet connection..

Nope. Problem is, most browsers don't automatically clean unused assets, and keep them all loaded. The web page need to include a cleanup call for data to be unloaded, as most browsers suppose loaded assets may appear again and should thus be kept loaded for faster access. Browsing enough pages while in infinite mode will result in browser blocking more RAM, until nothing is left. (Managed to hit 5Go consumed by Firefox while browsing. And Firefox does not like handling big chunk of memory...)

As far as i know, recent Chrome builds have automated cleanup. Not the case for IE or Firefox, can't say for less common browsers.

I'm using Chrome and it has the same problems while browsing in infinite mode.

Chrome could easily gobble up 11 gigabytes of memory in infinite mode around page 60 when I was browsing wallbase.

Now that I use firefox, I can go as far as 112 pages here without my entire browser consuming more than 800 megabytes, and the scrolling won't turn sluggish either.

If you want to keep using chrome, you could try to copy the URL when browsing gets sluggish, close the tab, open a new one, and paste the URL.

I'm using google chrome, chromium and firefox. Non of them have any problems.

Yes we're aware of how slow the site can be, both client side and server. Every update we try and squeak out more and more improvements, but we just keep growing!

We are looking at what can be done to speed the site up. Don't worry. We will not launch Beta with a slow site!

to be fair, i use firefox and have not had any loading issues whatsoever.