[Feature Request] Hiding Results That Have Certain Tags

EDIT: FEATURE ALREADY EXISTS. D'OH! How about a feature that filters out images with unwanted tags? Say, I want to search for images of wildlife, but for some reason I absolutely loathe lions - which will inevitably appear in the results page. I want images of anything wildlife except lions. How can one accomplish this? I propose a simple mechanic that anyone can apply to their search as quick as they can type it. Here's how it goes:

So normally I'd type "wildlife" and have a mental breakdown because I hate lions and I don't want to see them. I want to find images of wildlife that do NOT contain lions. So I rewrite my search, changing it to: "wildlife -lions" Notice the hyphen in front of "lions". The system sees the hyphen and understands that I want everything wildlife-y and nothing that contains lions. In turn, all the images that contained lions are gone and all that there is to look at is wildlife. This feature could be used for other things too, like looking for pictures of landscapes without forests, or whatever you want to exclude, really.

What do you think? Would this be a good idea?

Last updated

Too late.

We've already done this!

Check your browsing settings

It should also be working in search to "not" terms soon.

AksumkA said:

Too late. We've already done this!

It doesn't seem to work though. I put "Kristina Uhrinova" on my blackist every variation I could think of, and I keep seeing her pictures.

AksumkA said:

Too late. We've already done this! Check your browsing settings It should also be working in search to "not" terms soon.

Oh, my bad! Thank you for the info.

Asagrim said:

It doesn't seem to work though. I put "Kristina Uhrinova" on my blackist every variation I could think of, and I keep seeing her pictures.

I tested the blacklisting with Kristina Uhrinova - it works fine for me. Are you putting her full name on only one line? Maybe your other blacklisted terms are interfering?

Mirus said:

I tested the blacklisting with Kristina Uhrinova - it works fine for me. Are you putting her full name on only one line? Maybe your other blacklisted terms are interfering?

I don't know, I just tried every variation I could think of like 3 weeks ago, and kept refreshing the recent uploads page that had a properly tagged picture of her, and kept seeing the picture. Eventually I just gave up. I have nothing else on my blackist.

Asagrim said:

Mirus said: I tested the blacklisting with Kristina Uhrinova - it works fine for me. Are you putting her full name on only one line? Maybe your other blacklisted terms are interfering? I don't know, I just tried every variation I could think of like 3 weeks ago, and kept refreshing the recent uploads page that had a properly tagged picture of her, and kept seeing the picture. Eventually I just gave up. I have nothing else on my blackist.

Picture probably wasn't tagged properly.

I just said it was. The tag I was trying to blacklist was there.