New Thread Button and the forum path

Hi, I noticed a minuite ago that you have the "New Thread"-Button while in reading a thread and while writing a new post. Not sure if it is a bug or a feature but I find it iritating. Also while writing this I've noticed that the forum-path at the top left have some iritating behavior. You can't see it on the forum main page. In all boars you will see Forums >> wallhaven. In a thread you will see Forums >> wallhaven >> [boars-name]. Is this the way it should be?

Deus

Neither of these are bugs, all is as intended. Having a “new thread” button inside a thread is a shortcut, so you don't have to navigate to the respective board to open a new thread. The breadcrumbs are only visible inside boards and threads because when you're on the index page (forums main page) you're already at the root of the breadcrumbs. There would just be a link to the page you're already at.

But why Forums >> wallhaven? The wallhaven element is (for me) iritating because I can't klick on it and the semantic is the same as the home-house-button. The site is great and you are doing a great job, I don't want to sound smart-alec, I only want to know why you have done it this way.

The second part after “Forums” in the breadcrumbs is the category, i.e. one of the boxes on the forums main page. For example the Spammy Spam board is in the category “Off-Topic”. It's not a link because we didn't bother making dedicated pages for individual categories since you can just see all that information right on the forums main page. Since the first category is called “wallhaven” that's what you see when you look the breadcrumbs in this thread.

I get it now. Thanks, for the patience and explanation.