Tag deleted

My tag detailed was deleted? a recent user ( smreko ) was mass-uploading with stuff in the wrong category, he was banned, shortly after that tag was deleted.

Also.. there should be a "report user" button on the users profile, instead of reporting just 1 image of theirs.

If I see a ton of inappropriate images and see that they are from the same uploader, I just report one picture, and note in the comment field that there are many other problematic pictures uploaded by the same user.

as do I, but that seems kinda silly, IMO. perhaps a "Report User" button on their profile OR in the drop-down list. I'm guessing problem users would get dealt with faster if they had higher priority (assuming there is a Priority system) than 1 single reported wallpaper amongst the hundreds/thousands. Stop bad taggers/uploaders faster than they can upload and there will be less bad stuff to deal with.

It'd be best if it was on their profile. If you're like me and never upload, you wouldn't be able to report that user. If I just trolled people on their comments or you somehow detected me as the one who constantly deletes a tag or changes SFW to NSFW, you'd probably want a way to report me. I don't do those things, though. Just saying since I don't upload, same with others. only tag & view.

Last updated

Good point, user reports usually do get a higher priority than single post/picture/whatever reports.

What @1355970 does is most helpful to us when there's a user up to no good, though.

As for the tag, it had nothing to do with smreko. I deleted it and #detail because all the walls under each could have used macro. We try to avoid scattered tags used for pretty much the same thing if they can be under a single one so that users can find more walls.

Except for the fact that 90% of those "macro" things would have been from smreko.

Before he spammed bad tags, it was stuff like (not these exactly, but you get the idea, I hope): (sorry, had to use the web since most of the stuff I found is now lost due to the tag being deleted) Gun Car Engine Where it had every little detail of cars/guns/buildings. tones of tiny little details, not just a simple object.

and a bunch of detailed anime/paintings, lots of hard work not just fat brush strokes and simple background. wherever you look, there's something to see:

1500 x 105835
    2000 x 150022
    2480 x 181931

I guess the #detail tag makes sense (dunno who deleted it or why). It may be very subjective which wallpapers belong in there, in a very similar way to minimalism. People seem to have very different opinions of when a wallpaper is detailed/minimalistic enough to qualify for the respective tag.

About reporting users: It's been somewhere in the depth of our planned features but it's not really a high priority right now. Reporting a wallpaper and mentioning that we should check out the user is usually more then enough. Personally I always check out a user's other uploads anyway when I delete something. We can see how many of a user's uploads have been deleted before and which, so that also helps with finding repeat offenders. I'm actually not a great fan of user reporting because people could then just report with useless messages like “some of his uploads are bad” and we'll end up having to go through pages of uploads to find out which ones they were talking about. So yeah, report a wallpaper, or maybe two or three, and we'll most likely notice that something is up. If you have a different issue with a user, just write a PM to a staff member.

cfunk deleted it, stated it in his last posted

detailed is basically the opposite of minimalism :D lots of detail vs little detail. I also enjoy minimalism.

I'm going to re-create it. g2g for now, will try to re-populate it later, if it's not yet again deleted. edit: nevermind. I keep getting "Something went wrong". will try again tomorrow.

The examples you used there would make something like #detail useful, but the walls I found under it weren't like that, and I don't wait for tags to magically change content.

Anyway, I remade the older detailed and added 'detail' as an alias, so if you still want to populate it properly then thanks.

As for minimalism, bloody hell, people just throw that at anything vaguely simple/neat/artistic.