Screenshots are against the rules?

Hi

Yesterday I took some really cool snapshots of the new episode of Game of Thrones in the highest quality possible and uploaded them because they looked really good. Then today I got 5 messages of them being reported & deleted due to :"Screenshot"

Is that against the rules? The quality was good and I don't see why that would be an issue tbh unless its a copyright issue.

Might not be a terrible idea to allow “quality movie screenshots”. The issue is people understanding what that means. Essentially we'd want to exclude low resolution, motion blur etc.

Gandalf said:

Might not be a terrible idea to allow “quality movie screenshots”. The issue is people understanding what that means. Essentially we'd want to exclude low resolution, motion blur etc.

Espenbv's weren't too bad, but I think screens are LQ so often that there's no cause for an exception to the rule. These days so many films and shows have widely available and usually very HQ set stills anyway.

OK so one of my screens of Jessica B. from I now Pronounce you chuck and larry ..... deleted ..... OMG such a travesty :( But i understand why. She makes everything move in ways not even this site can handle.

and i support this idea of allowing screen shots with HQ it's not too bad :/

Gandalf said:

Every current motion capture technology results in some sort of motion blur, and the best resolution you can hope for is letterbox 16:9@fullHD, so I agree with cfunk here.

Current motion capture technology is just too limited to allow movie screenshots, and it would be too subjective what to keep and not to keep. I think any rule or exception to a rule needs consistency and clarity, neither of which can be warranted in this case. I see no reason however not to allow the uploading of pre-rendered HQ stills, for example:

1920 x 10807
    (just a related picture I tagged recently)

Photo stills, like the one above, are allowed under the current rules.