Cryptic Lyrics

Hello People of Wallhaven! dAyzee here with yet another great thread! Yeah, I know: you've all been waiting for this,😏 no need to thank me, it's my pleasure😌, you're all very welcome!😁 I've been working on this one for a while too, but finally, it's ready!

Here's the Idea!: You post the lyrics of a popular song, but scramble the words so it needs to be deciphered, then whoever figures it out can reply with the song's title and the name of the artist (bonus points if you can add the year the song was released). Then that person can post their own set of "cryptic lyrics" and the cycle continues! All clear? Great!

Rules: ~The lyrics can be anywhere from 1-4 lines long, if it's a really popular and unique song, you can make it just one line, but if the lyrics might require some thinking, or if the lyrics can be mistaken for any number of songs, then you can add more lines to it. HOWEVER, you can't scramble words between different lines, and you can't scramble the lines themselves. That means the order of the lines shouldn't change (Line 1 remains above line 2, 2 above 3, etc.) and all the words from line 1 must remain within line 1, etc.

~If you don't know the current song, feel free to add a musical/music related wallpaper to the thread, or add a fun fact about music or (a) musician(s). ~A wallpaper shouldn't be posted immediately after another, wallpapers must be broken by at least one line of text. ~The total number of posts unrelated to the main thread (i.e. wallpapers and facts)should not exceed five at one time. Once they hit five, back to the cryptic lyrics! ~If the lyrics remain there for a week+ without any replies, the "riddler" is free to assume that no one is able to figure it out and can mercifully give us the answer.

Aaand... I think that's it! Everybody got that? Okay!

I'll start:

Mouth without smart your I do would what In kicking out me drawing and me you Spinning got head my kidding no Bring cant I down you

All of Me by John Legend (2013) ? is that correct?

@yλman said:

All of Me by John Legend (2013) ? is that correct?

Yes! On with the show!👍

Why one thing i don't know Try hard you even how matter it doesn't Keep mind this designed, in that I rhyme Time to due in explain

Notege said:

Linkin Park - In The End

thats correct, your turn!

Alright, here we go:

Fall my of the out in confetti with window hair Deal stairs Jacks or on blanket a better by the out past lie you all my secrets, but I I'll about my tell Send off evermore to bed for me

Notege said:

Alright, here we go:

Fall my of the out in confetti with window hair Deal stairs Jacks or on blanket a better by the out past lie you all my secrets, but I I'll about my tell Send off evermore to bed for me

Tango Till They're Sore by Tom Waits

GenreLeap said:

Notege said:

Alright, here we go:

Tango Till They're Sore by Tom Waits

Yup, that's correct.

Your turn!

Notege said:

Your turn!

Into fall madness don't Black follow rabbit the don't Down that hole go now don't Can nothing erase the fallout Below down pray devils And curse angels ways holy Down upside, out inside Sane be found nothing or can right

GenreLeap said:

Into fall madness don't Black follow rabbit the don't Down that hole go now don't Can nothing erase the fallout Below down pray devils And curse angels ways holy Down upside, out inside Sane be found nothing or can right

Underland by Delain?

@yλman said:

Underland by Delain?

Correct!

Awesome!😂 E'en though don't know any of these songs.

Night last should have I stayed you with Going to out trouble to find of instead Trouble just that's

odAyzaod I think you should add a rule to limit the players from playing more than twice in a single page

I'd do that, but sometimes, there are literally only two people active on a thread, and for several pages, its just one after the other(Speaking from experience, ain't that right JJ?😂). If I add that rule, I might as well just cancel the thread outright.

odAyzaod said:

Awesome!😂 E'en though don't know any of these songs.

Night last should have I stayed you with Going to out trouble to find of instead Trouble just that's

Rita Ora - Let You Love Me?

That one took me a while because for some reason i could have sworn it was by Dua Lipa.

behind face the the silhouette be this world in i to made infinite the but within expanse, I finally see a without isn't you meant world for me

😂Lol, yeah, it kinda sounds like her.

This one is: Pain Remains I: Dancing Like Flames by Lorna Shore, 2022.😎

I don't know this song either (I don't listen to metal/deathcore, etc.), but it was pretty easy to rearrange the words (lines 3 and 4)and type them into my google search bar😂😅. I'm loving this thread so far.✊

Yup, you're right!

Absolute great song if you're into that type of music.

Oh, and regarding the rules, how obscure can the lyrics get? I have some songs in the back of my head that might be fun to use but they aren't in english.

Type away please.👍 It keeps the thread alive. And If nobody gets it within the week(or less), you could always just give us the answer. I have some non-English songs in mind too.

Alright, let's try it

Ul ped lau lalgwu fos Ul ath aul uld elw lei Ret oth tys rei lae gui Au la oa au sejs zul

😁 Didn't know that one either, but the lyrics are pretty unique so... Next: And they so keep on them twiddling thumbs