Are avatar setting rules correct ?

I'm sorry if I am posting this in wrong forum. I made my account today only, and have been trying to upload a avatar image for some time, but I always get this error message -

"The avatar must be an image".

I followed the avatar rules while uploading, but, I got this error message every time. Then, I tried downloading another user's avatar and uploading it as my avatar. And... it worked. So, are there any extra hidden rules for choosing the avatar that are resulting in the error message ?

What file format were you trying? JPEG? PNG? JIFF?

The only allowed file extensions are jpg, png and gif. Also, the max size is 200KB.

I changed my avatar just the other day and it gave me the same message. Then I tried uploading my current avatar (the F-4 Phantom II "Spook"), and it finally uploaded...but only as a GIF. 🤷‍♂️ No idea what any of that was about, especially since they were all well under the 200KB limit.

GenreLeap said:

What file format were you trying? JPEG? PNG? JIFF?

i was trying to use a .jpg file

Added 4 minutes after

lumberjacck said:

The only allowed file extensions are jpg, png and gif. Also, the max size is 200KB.

Didn't try png or gif, i used a jpg file which was under 200kb. But, for some reason didn't work 🥲

Hm... try to resave the file with Paint or something and see if it works.

Any update on this?

Last updated

@GerardClark said:

Any update on this?

I just managed to change my profile picture by editing the picture in Paint 3D, manually downsizing it to 200p x 200p, and then saving at as a png. Here is a step by step in case you or anyone else needs it:

1. Right-click the image you want to use and click on "Edit with Paint 3D"
    2. In the top right next to the 100% zoom indicator there is "..." button. Click on it and then choose "Canvas Options"
    3. A menu will pop up on the right side. Make sure to check the box "resize image with canvas" and set the box below it to "Pixels"
    4. Now you can change both canvas dimensions to 200p x 200p and the image should resize as you do so
    5. To save the resized image, click on "Menu" (top left) and then "Save as". Choose your preferred location to save the image and file type (PNG or JPEG)

I hope this helps :)

Thank you :) Double-checking your Cargo.toml files and ensuring correct naming and paths for the trait import might help you uncover the root of the problem. To anybody looking for dissertation writing services, I heartily recommend https://www.grabmyessay.com/dissertation-writing. It's a reputable platform that guarantees you will receive an excellent dissertation that is customized to meet your unique requirements. I recently used this to write my dissertation, and I have to say that I'm really happy with the outcome. Perfect work quality, meticulous attention to detail, and prompt delivery were all provided. They have a group of committed experts who not only comprehended my needs but also offered insightful advice to improve my research.

Last updated