Why are there so many features missing from this site?

• The ability to change our own names
    • 2 Factor Authentication of any kind * Preview post before actually posting it
    • Deleting a post after it's made
    • Search multiple tags at one time
    • Requesting our data be sent to us (which is actually a legal requirement in the EU)
    • Blocking other users (Another legal requirement)
    • Any kind of account connectivity to something like Discord or Twitter
    • Language options

I'm sure there are more and maybe a few of the features I listed exist under a different name or in a hard to find location but it just feels like some of these should be easy to implement and would be good quality of life changes for devs and users alike.

Edit:

• Preview a post - Is a feature (Not sure if it wasn't until now but I only just noticed it)
    • Blocking other users is only required for apps on the App and Play stores
    Last updated

wallhaven is a free website focused on uploading and browsing throught uploads, the mods are always working on improving it.

wallhaven does not have ads and as far as I know, the mods/developers/programmers don't earn any monetary compensation for spending hours upon hours improving the website.

As for the features you want implemented, we already have a few, like previewing a post, and being able to change our names (you just have to ask).

As for the others features, they require money to be implemented, and are really time consuming, requiring more manpower to make it work.

That being sad, this is merely my opinion on the matter not an absolute truth.

JustJon said:

wallhaven is a free website focused on uploading and browsing throught uploads, the mods are always working on improving it.

wallhaven does not have ads and as far as I know, the mods/developers/programmers don't earn any monetary compensation for spending hours upon hours improving the website.

As for the features you want implemented, we already have a few, like previewing a post, and being able to change our names (you just have to ask).

As for the others features, they require money to be implemented, and are really time consuming, requiring more manpower to make it work.

I know they're doing this all for free but that doesn't address the lack of basic security features or the ones that are required by law.

The ability to change our own names with a cooldown period of 1 month or something would probably be easier for the devs/admins than having to check the forums for people asking for that or getting a lot of profile messages about it.

Language options and things like that of course would be a quality of life but not necessary change.

If you're going to say things are legally required, then please post quotes and links to said law(s). Legal matters need to precise and exact.

wallhaven Isn't it really great,But why can't it be visited in China recently?

MrShottiBoi said:

If you're going to say things are legally required, then please post quotes and links to said law(s). Legal matters need to precise and exact.

Requesting information within the EU.

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-15-gdpr/ https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/uk-gdpr-guidance-and-resources/individual-rights/right-of-access/what-is-the-right-of-access/

Blocking I have looked into further and is specifically for apps on the App Store or Play Store. My mistake. A quick search for your own results will get you more specific answers of course.

What caused China to shut down your website, was it political?

26292824 said:

What caused China to shut down your website, was it political?

China has strict regulations and censorship policies regarding online content, and websites that do not comply with these regulations may be subject to blocking or censorship. The specific reasons for website blockages can vary, and it's advisable to consult with legal experts or local authorities if you have concerns about a specific website's status in China.