Please explain... What is "Wallpaper has been reported" ?

Hi. I do not understand what does it mean for a wallpaper to have a status "Wallpaper has been reported" . If anyone could explain what will happen with that upload I would be grateful. One of my uploads has that status despite NOT breaking any rules. We can go over the rules all you want if need be. Just because some people don't like certain Art doesn't mean they can vandlize it.

@StardustFrostbite

It just means that someone reported the wallpaper. When you make a report, you have to list the rule that you think was broken. Then a moderator will decide if the wallpaper actually broke that rule or not.

It is possible for someone to report a wallpaper that doesn't break any rules just because they don't like it. However if it truly doesn't break any rules, then the moderator will simply clear the report and penalize the reporter for misusing the reporting system.

I wouldn't worry too much; I've seen the same wallpaper you're concerned about and to the best of my understanding it's in the clear. More than likely someone with a really thin skin got their feelings hurt and reported it in a tantrum. A moderator will get to it eventually - there's a TON of reports they have to sift through.

Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate it.

Not to play devil’s advocate here, but rule number 8 states: “No gore or other such disturbing content”, and rule 10 states: “No material depicting or promoting hatred or propaganda, except when used harmlessly in fiction, art, parodies, etc.”

For the rule 8 argument the wallpaper is clearly not gore, but it could be argued as a “disturbing content” (not “such” as gore, but sensitive nonetheless). Specially considering depictions of Nazi symbols or parafernalia are illegal in some countries. As a matter of example I could totally be fired or severely admonished if I used such a wallpaper at work or in public. Moderation will have to decide wether or not the content is disturbing enough or can be considered “not harmful/disturbing enough”.

For the rule 10 argument it’s sort of obvious. It could be argued the wallpaper either promotes or normalises a sympathy for nazi ideology (which could fall under both hatred and propaganda), even if it doesn’t do so explicitly. Moderation will have to decide if such depiction can be considered harmless or parody. Again, keeping in mind that some countries consider such expressions illegal.

Just my two cents on the issue.

@jamiejohannsen said:

Not to play devil’s advocate here, but rule number 8 states: “No gore or other such disturbing content”, and rule 10 states: “No material depicting or promoting hatred or propaganda, except when used harmlessly in fiction, art, parodies, etc.”

For the rule 8 argument the wallpaper is clearly not gore, but it could be argued as a “disturbing content” (not “such” as gore, but sensitive nonetheless). Specially considering depictions of Nazi symbols or parafernalia are illegal in some countries. As a matter of example I could totally be fired or severely admonished if I used such a wallpaper at work or in public. Moderation will have to decide wether or not the content is disturbing enough or can be considered “not harmful/disturbing enough”.

For the rule 10 argument it’s sort of obvious. It could be argued the wallpaper either promotes or normalises a sympathy for nazi ideology (which could fall under both hatred and propaganda), even if it doesn’t do so explicitly. Moderation will have to decide if such depiction can be considered harmless or parody. Again, keeping in mind that some countries consider such expressions illegal.

Just my two cents on the issue.

Hi there. The issue has been resolved by moderation team. My thanks to them. As for the wallpaper itself I consider it "harmless in fiction and art". It's very dear to me and I do not look at it as harmful nor parody. I actually changed my mind and will add more. Or who knows, I might delete them all and consider them too precious to be looked at and judged by anyone. To me it is love. As for me I was born and raised in Iran. I respect your belief but I do not share it, nor believe the "history" the western world teaches. I guess you would say the same about Israels Genocide of Palestinians, illegal Occupation of Palestinian land, murder and slaughter of Palestinian children, openly ethno-nationalist system, and so on. I get your reply but let's keep the political chauvinism out of the wallpaper forum that's why I kept the theme of the artwork not mentioned. Cheers.

Last updated

Can you explain how the subject matter is "dear" to you?

@StardustFrostbite

Can you explain how the subject matter is "dear" to you?

Don't do that, otherwise someone might actually have an excuse to ban you. You don't wanna get drawn into political discussions on this website. It always ends very ugly.

Last updated

That you "believe" or not in history is irrelevant. history is not subjective, it doesn't bow to the whims of ideologies. while the treatment of palestinians by the israelian authorities is revolting, it has not yet come to a point where you can compare it to the atrocities committed by the Nazis. nothing has in history. except maybe slavery, that's the only other one that I can think of in terms of size, number of victims and all.

6 millions peoples exterminated because of religions. between 250.000 to 500.000 because they were gypsies, hadicapped people, close to 13 million russians, bielorussians and ukrainians killed just because they were of slavic ancestry. All in all the madness of Hitler and his nazi scum caused the second world war to kill between 60 to 100 million people. AND THEIR IMAGERY IS DEAR TO YOU ???

Now that the history lesson is over, a little fun fact. Japanese artist don't even start to realise how terrifying the SS were. I was a student in germany 15 years ago and a japanese student, who was into the "gothic lolita" fashion style, once came in class geared from head to toe in SS uniform. She was wondering why she had gotten insulted all along the way from her dorm to the faculty building. we had to explain to her why she had chosen...poorly, her costume.

TL,DR get that crap deleted. because honestly, if I can't show Candice Cardinele's pussy, I don't see why he can show Nazi bulls**t.