Moderator Complaint

So, I got what I considered to be a rather snide response to a genuine question by a moderator.

I was ready to let it go and move on, but then I read through this forum a bit more. It seems to me that certain moderators are constantly hounding people about relatively minor things, and regularly exercising their rather limited power as a moderator, mostly to the end of removing good content and driving people away from the site, for little reason other than the occasional artifact or slightly wrong tag.

It seems to me like these are easily remedied issues, and that if users like the content, it should remain, regardless of whether a single overzealous moderator approves. One need only read this subforum for five or ten minutes to find that I'm correct.

FInally, I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but I've been using this website since it was still Wallbase, and I think an objective look will find that we can maintain the quality of content on this site without banning people left and right for minor incidents.

Thanks for reading, Telephones

Last updated

You do realize you were not given a permanent uploading ban. It is just temporary. The reason we turn to bans after we give warnings is because if the individual does not learn to correctly upload their walls as stated in the rules during the first few warnings, then we have to give them a temporary ban so they truly learn that it is frustrating to see the same mistakes being made over and over again. I log in a few times a day to check the general tab to make sure there are no real life people or anime characters there, and it seems like every day I have to put the correct wall in the correct category.

So after I put the correct wall in the correct category I warn them, and if it occurs again they get a temporary ban to HOPEFULLY go and read the rules so they do not commit the same mistakes again. At the end of the day just please follow the rules, and if you get one of those warnings about reading the rules after you've broken them CAREFULLY read them all.

Also the forum threads you read at times can be misleading. People complain about their LQ walls being deleted without posting a picture of them, and if you view them at their full resolution like they are intended to be a vast majority of the times you will see the obvious pixelation and compression artifacts that are present. Sadly being a moderator is a thankless job. We never get thanks for correctly putting walls in the category they belong in, putting in sources, merging dupes to keep the site from being cluttered, deleting useless tags, and banning troll accounts sending out naughty messages.

If you feel our decision is wrong then sorry. Wait out your month, read the rules, and upload your quality walls correctly like everybody else.