CG is not People

I was browsing for some images and i turned off the people category to filter out people, scrolling down I came across several CG renders of characters , I noticed they were in the wrong category so i started reporting them all. Two hours ago i start getting notifications that the images have been reviewed, But nothing has happened to the images the reason for this is: "CG is not people". How are they not people? when they are renders of 3D characters with faces and bodies. This is one of the pictures we're talking about [url]https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/wallpaper/464959[/url], I don't mind the picture it's great but it should be categorized as people! This is another: [url]https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/wallpaper/464703[/url]. Futhermore, here is a 3D scan of a human: [url]https://sketchfab.com/models/22f27676206144238d8add1424b1d0f0[/url] now if i take a screenshot of that model and upload here it becomes anything but people. What stupid logic is this?

The same reason Anime isn't People. Its artwork and no matter how realistic it may look, People is for real people. That's my opinion on the matter anyway; the mods will probably have a better explanation.

defurious said:

[…] People is for real people. […]

Pretty much sums it up.

There are of course some rare edge-cases when there's a heavily manipulated photo. But pure CGI does not belong in the People category same as paintings, cartoons etc.

And why are imaginary humans not people? That's like saying the drawing of a dog is not depicting an animal.

Asagrim said:

And why are imaginary humans not people? That's like saying the drawing of a dog is not depicting an animal.

It's like saying a Jaffa Cake is a biscuit. You're trying to say that a Drawing can stand up to an actual Dog and people will be confused as to which one they want to own or take for a walk.

One is real life, and the other is not. That's the simple point of the category. People is a Category for actual human beings, not a 3D render

MrShottiBoi said:

Asagrim said: It's like saying a Jaffa Cake is a biscuit. You're trying to say that a Drawing can stand up to an actual Dog and people will be confused as to which one they want to own or take for a walk. One is real life, and the other is not. That's the simple point of the category. People is a Category for actual human beings, not a 3D render

Fictitious people are still people, just as fictitious animals are still animals. It's annoying to say the least that I have no way of temporarily disabling the showing of people, real and fictional alike, even with people ticked off I get each and every character from the entire entertainment industry.

And with your last line you're in effect saying that nobody born before the invention of the camera is people, because no actual photograph exists of them. Sure, you could say that paintings of real people could be in people, but where do you draw that 100% subjective and arbitrary line? Are depictions of deities people? Is it wrong to say Zeus is made up so he isn't people but Jesus is? If both are people why is Thor not people? Only because it's Stan Lee's version? It's still Thor, god of thunder!

Long story short, by differentiating fictional and real people, you open a can of worms you really shouldn't.

Last updated

Seems you want to see just some classic anime/manga characters (from anime category) and all things that you can find in "general" (class where you can find what can't be included in "people" or "anime"). I'm not sure if that type of pictures are included in anime or general, but if you don't want to see them anymore, just bring CG or CGI and any tag that you don't wanna see again in**BLACKLIST. For sure the staff won't create a new class, just for your inconvenience... I mean that there are lots more things that worth a personal class (eg. "car"even with motors, "nature"). That's why there's lots of tags: blacklist them and after bring them back**.