No Good Wallpapers ??

Hi Guys,

I have been using Wallhaven since it was launched and was using Wallbase before.

This is the first time I am commenting and that too after waiting for 1-2 months.

I have not seen a 'good' wallpaper on this site in months.

I understand that 'good' is subjective but it seems that there is a sudden scarcity of good wallpapers, something which catches the eyes and pulls at the heart strings.

What is going on?

Have uploaders abandoned / are abandoning Wallhaven?

It is sad to see my favourite site going down like this, mediocre wallpapers all the time.

:) I come here to download because I do not have any good ones to upload.

Thanks for sharing your collection, there are some good ones in it.

What I was trying to say was, there are too many 'dark' 'artistic look' faded wallpapers being uploaded now a days.

I remember the time when one could visit Wallbase and then Wallhaven every day and find a few amazing wallpapers in the latest uploads.

That does not seem to be the case now, more and more wallpapers being uploaded are just too dark and 'moody'.

Well i think many Users and Visitors come to this site to have Pictures and Walls to...ähem...m**** with, i mean get sexually aroused and not use them as Wallpapers anyway.

Ban the Users you don't like. Set the purity levels to you liking. Upload "Walls" you like and share...that would be cool! Keep on searching...there are over 600000 Pictures here. Post Walls you like in the "Random Wallpaper" Thread.

Have fun :-)

Wouldnt Wallhaven be still in Alpha ....

Why is it still in Alpha? :/

We would get way more viewers and new members with a final release.

@WallpaperManiac said:

Well i think many Users and Visitors come to this site to have Pictures and Walls to...ähem...m**** with, i mean get sexually aroused and not use them as Wallpapers anyway. Ban the Users you don't like. Set the purity levels to you liking. Upload "Walls" you like and share...that would be cool! Keep on searching...there are over 600000 Pictures here. Post Walls you like in the "Random Wallpaper" Thread. Have fun :-)

ahem... HeHe

I think that may be very true.

:)

Added 2018-08-09 14:44:16

@igstudios said:

Wouldnt Wallhaven be still in Alpha .... Why is it still in Alpha? :/ We would get way more viewers and new members with a final release.

I do not know how to code and so I do not know how hard it is to develop an awesome website like Wallhaven.

That being said, hasn't Wallhaven been in alpha mode for a very long time?

I think a website like this has to be a side-project for the developer and time can only be devoted to it when the developer is free, but it should be in a final release by now, IMHO.

Ummmm?...

I like a lot of different wallpaper types, from very much NSFW (leaning towards more "artsy" ones as that's what makes them usable as wallpapers to my taste) to perfectly innocent and artistic views and photos...

...and my issue is that I'm trying to keep my number of favourites below 2000, as it's really getting out of my control and I keep finding various wallpapers in my own collection that I forgot how great they are.

I see nothing else here than a matter of taste, and the website has plenty of tools (categories, purity filters, blacklist) to trim the things you don't like. "Is the website dying" is pretty ridiculous here.

VincentTL said:

Ummmm?... I like a lot of different wallpaper types, from very much NSFW (leaning towards more "artsy" ones as that's what makes them usable as wallpapers to my taste) to perfectly innocent and artistic views and photos... ...and my issue is that I'm trying to keep my number of favourites below 2000, as it's really getting out of my control and I keep finding various wallpapers in my own collection that I forgot how great they are. I see nothing else here than a matter of taste, and the website has plenty of tools (categories, purity filters, blacklist) to trim the things you don't like. "Is the website dying" is pretty ridiculous here.

Could be that my taste is changing, but as I said in my original post, previously it was always the case that every single day I could find a few wallpapers that I liked just in the latest uploads, but, this dry spell has lasted for almost 2 months.

In any case, just my humble opinion.

I still keep coming back to check out the latest wallpapers every single day but the search has been disappointing for some time. :(

I hardly think the website is going down to mediocrity.

If you are going to come to the website and only check the 'latest' feed, you definitely will not find alot of good wallpapers everyday. As wallpapermaniac mentioned above, use purity and filters subscribe to uploaders subscribe to tags Add blacklists (I have one word in my blacklist 'anthro' and makes my time on wallhaven a happier place)

I find my best wallpapers from my subscription feed and most of the time they are never in the 'latest' feed., since it could be a wallppaer that was uploaded a year ago that you missed and someone added a tag that you subscribed to and there it is, a gem of a wallpaper that gets fed to you.

Good is subjective, so make the website feed you what you think is good.