Candids

There's no rule that explicitly says no to that (maybe the "No private photos" one) but please make a tag so I can put it on the blacklist.

I haven't seen that term before but I found this definition:

relating to or being photography of subjects acting naturally or spontaneously without being posed

That isn't really a statement about quality, though. If the photos are done well, sure. If you're using it as a euphemism for holiday snapshots then no.

Mirokv said:

There's no rule that explicitly says no to that (maybe the "No private photos" one) but please make a tag so I can put it on the blacklist.

This is the most subtle act of brutal destruction I've ever witnessed

I don't want to be rude, but c'mon, candids are banned from most forums for a reason.

Mirokv said:

I don't want to be rude, but c'mon, candids are banned from most forums for a reason.

sorry I don't want to be rude either but I don't understand how can this picture justify banning them at all ? (that said it's not that great a picture but honestly I see many pictures which in my opinion are not that great on wallhaven hence it's not particularly relevant as an opinion...)

I personnally think that candids are fine if HQ enough

This picture isn't the reason Candids are banned.

They are banned because Candids can be some of the most profane NSFW images that an image site can get, so it's a no tolerance policy.

The moment any "good" ones are allowed, is the moment that even the bad ones start to slip through the net, and then it's just more trouble than its worth.

Also, Candids can be pretty embarrassing, imagine how much of a storm someone's gonna throw up if they find a Candid of themselves.

MrShottiBoi said:

... Candids can be pretty embarrassing, imagine how much of a storm someone's gonna throw up if they find a Candid of themselves.

That's what I'm trying to say, candits are taken without the permission of the '"'models'"' and that shouldn't be tolerated.

Mirokv said:

MrShottiBoi said: That's what I'm trying to say, candits are taken without the permission of the '"'models'"' and that shouldn't be tolerated.

it seems to me that there is a lot of confusion between : -people being photographed being models or not models -people posing or not posing -photography legal rights -photography moral usage & whether or not it harms the subject -and candid photography [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candid_photography[/url] [url]https://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/what-is-a-candid-photo/[/url]

Whether the confusion is intentional or not I do not pretend to know. Also, again I'm not particularly for or against, I just like to clear up stuff.

Last updated