Uploading same Wallpaper twice with different ratio

Hey, I've got a question what's the site policy on uploading same Wallpaper twice with different ratio ?

Recently another user posted a comment on my profile complaining that i uploaded part of the same wallpaper. I suggested that he should report it if it's against the rules.

one of the walls in question

2332 x 131199
    2333 x 3500174

Is this allowed ? One is for mobile you could say and the other for Dekstop. When you search for similar images it doesn't show up.

I also ask because i usually dislike uploading wallpapers other than 16:9 and 16:10 ratio or for dual monitors. Now i have a wallpaper that i want to upload.....but i want to upload both the original image (mobile ratio) and the edited one i use as wallpaper on my Dekstop and I'm not sure what i should do.

From Rules:

Do not stretch images to a higher resolution—upload the original version where possible.

I think it's important that we enforce the uploading of the original image as much as possible. This is why I get annoyed when uploaders don't include their source because it makes it hard to prove their uploaded image isn't rescaled or cropped in any way.

Now that we have a cropping tool, we should leave that to the discretion of our users. We already have many duplicates of the same image cropped slightly differently.

defurious said:

From Rules: I think it's important that we enforce the uploading of the original image as much as possible. This is why I get annoyed when uploaders don't include their source because it makes it hard to prove their uploaded image isn't rescaled or cropped in any way. Now that we have a cropping tool, we should leave that to the discretion of our users. We already have many duplicates of the same image cropped slightly differently.

Yeah okay i understand that the original should be uploaded and not be stretched .

A few points i want to make

1. The rule talks about higher resolution (stretched,low quality).
    2. The cropping tool doesn't let you choose an area to crop
    3. What if i want to hide something NSFW to make the wallpaper SFW ?
    4. In this thread [url]https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/forums/post/12027#post-12027[/url] the developer Gandalf states that : We currently have a guideline stating that only the largest available resolution plus two more common resolutions............................... Note, that this would only apply to wallpapers that differ in size or orientation

The only thing in rules i can find that mentions different ratio/cropped wallpapers (maybe?) is this :

No low-quality edits (rotated, mirrored or picture-in-picture images

Now i know i can crop them myself for personal use , but I'm asking because i want to upload them as well (both versions)

Thanks for the answer i just want an Admin to answer this because i really don't like uploading images in portrait mode with a few exceptions, for example if i really like the art or movie posters . I try to always put original art as the source if i can find it.

Last updated