500px

I daily see wps that have been stolen from 500px, and not been given any kind of source. And yes, stolen, because most of them have copyright on their images.

In my opinion, if you are going to go to a photographers page and steal their photo, why not give credit by adding source to that image?

This is a issue that needs to be addressed. I am self a photographer active on 500px, and I surely don't want anyone stealing my pictures. What do the rest of you think about this topic?

I've been pretty vocal about adding sources to those uploads but they don't listen/care. I try to do as much reverse image searching as possible to find their source but google and tineye fail at this way too often. I won't complain too much, though, since the uploaders have compromised by tagging the photographer instead. Simply linking their profile page would've been just as good though. Doesn't need to be the individual photo's page.

We are sharing wallpapers here from many many sources. If you put a link to artist's site (the best is right to a particular wallpaper) as a source and you create a tag with this artist's name then it's a full credit to him. It's deffinetly not a robbery! If the owner / artist / creator want that wall to be removed than in will be with no hesitation.

Nobody's claiming ownership over the wallpapers we upload here. Nor is anyone using this website and the pictures to make any money. Definitely not theft IMO. Not giving source is a hassle for everyone. And btw crediting can problem can be on both sides. There's nothing more infuriating than pictures of models without their name, or a picture on models instagram without mentioning who took it.

Obseek said:

I daily see wps that have been stolen from 500px, and not been given any kind of source. And yes, stolen, because most of them have copyright on their images. In my opinion, if you are going to go to a photographers page and steal their photo, why not give credit by adding source to that image? This is a issue that needs to be addressed. I am self a photographer active on 500px, and I surely don't want anyone stealing my pictures. What do the rest of you think about this topic?

I'm always giving source (or at least autors website) and I'm tagging every wallpaper with photographers name, also models name if photographer gave that info. After two years I know many models and I'm tagging them even tho photographer didin't give proper credits on 500px.

Cryzeen said:

I'm always giving source (or at least autors website) and I'm tagging every wallpaper with photographers name, also models name if photographer gave that info. After two years I know many models and I'm tagging them even tho photographer didin't give proper credits on 500px.

You da real MVP.