Tag name

Don't know where else to put this, but rather than blacklisting the uploaders, I'd rather blacklist the tag. What is this sort of stuff called or what should it be called?

1920 x 108037
    1920 x 10807PNG
    Aside from awful.

Anime Anime Girls Artwork Digital Art

KrimzinZV said:

Aside from awful.

Matters of personal taste aside, maybe you should clarify what exactly you are referring to?

I think he's referring to the "picture in picture"

those could also have the tag blurred

whismerhill said:

I think he's referring to the "picture in picture"

This, sorry I thought it was more obvious.

KrimzinZV

Is there a picture-in-picture tag? I am not seeing them in this case, but you can add this to your tag blacklist in the options, and then assign the tag you've blacklisted to the wallpapers.

jpdokter but then the problem becomes something else. Uploading No low-quality edits (rotated, mirrored or picture-in-picture images).

So would this rule apply or not? When you get down to it, it's just a cut out of a character (they didn't make) and stuck onto another image.

KrimzinZV said:

jpdokter but then the problem becomes something else. Uploading No low-quality edits (rotated, mirrored or picture-in-picture images). So would this rule apply or not? When you get down to it, it's just a cut out of a character (they didn't make) and stuck onto another image.

I am no moderator, but I can see where this is a subjective view of art. The problem is that these wallpapers can be explained as artistic as well as "picture in picture" (therefor rubbish). Gandalf, I'd like your opinion on this too.

The core thing to realise is that every software solution here depends on the input and actions from the community. We all got to give and take a bit. If you depend on blacklisting tags, you also depend on the community to add those tags, and you're accepting the possibility of missing some wallpapers because of incorrect tagging, or looking right despite being "picture in picture".

I do not think that these wallpapers can really be judged as "low quality edit", they don't seem to be scaled, and it's not a lazy copy-paste job. So, I'm lead to believe that someone put forth (a lot of) effort to make this, and thus can not be seen as "low quality edit".

But as I said, all of this is subjective.

jpdokter said:

I do not think that these wallpapers can really be judged as "low quality edit", they don't seem to be scaled, and it's not a lazy copy-paste job. So, I'm lead to believe that someone put forth (a lot of) effort to make this, and thus can not be seen as "low quality edit".

I agree with this. The "picture in picture" rule was added because at the time we had quite a few uploads that were extremely lazy in that regard. They just took one photo as a background and than slapped a couple of others on top of it. Basically they were just low-quality edits and we explicitly added them as an example of the general rule against low effort content.