IQDB comments

First, congrats on doing it, it was a major task probably a lot of work :)

Alright, here's a few comments :

• 1 ) the first image on the top left is actually the image we search from when using "search for similar images" this is GREAT, please keep that feature
    • 2 ) however a green square around the whole original image or something else to really emphasize that it is indeed the original image would be the cherry on top of the cake. (to avoid any confusion when looking at several 100% duplicates)
    • 3 ) While I wouldn't really like to hide anything, I'm thinking maybe at some point, the lower % results (<40% ?) should be hidden by default (with a "show more" button). This could also be optional through the user profile ? .
    • 4 ) Should we the users start to report duplicate downscaled images ? (example A : two identical images, one 3840x2160, one 1920x1080. Shouldn't the lower one be gone if the quality is there ?? (since there is a cropping/downscaling tool) ) (example B : two nearly identical images, one 5760x3600, one 1920x1080. same question, but this time the lower res one is both downscaled & cropped. )

Thanks again !

for now it seems really fast & handy. love it !

edit: nevermind point 3 the % don't mean much at the moment (NSFW link) [url]https://prnt.sc/flxsns[/url]

Last updated

whismerhill Apparently I forgot to reply here, so here's my late response.

1) and 2) I fully agree.

3) That's a definite maybe. It won't be a user setting (trying to keep those clean) but maybe we could hide the lower-percentage matches behind a "show more" button.

4) We plan on clarifying our stance (and, by extension, the rules) about different resolution duplicates in the near future (see https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/forums/thread/1033).

Maybe just uploads in Standard-Resolutions in the future ?

@WallpaperManiac said:

In most cases that would require editing original aspect ratio of the image, and that's violating owners, let's say... intentions.. or vision. Second thing is that very often watermarks are on the edges and would had to be erased. Third thing is that crop & scale utility wolud kind lost it purpose there.

For the most Women|Nude|Model Upload(er)s this would indeed be a problem :-)

The Search for Duplicates is really smooth now. I for myself reported a Dupe here and there. And there are MANY Duplicates. Whoa! Escpecially the Women Uploads. Must be thousands of them.

Last updated

@WallpaperManiac said:

Definitely not, original (largest non-upscaled) resolution will always be the preferred one. We have cropping tools integrated into the site (showcase sidebar) and anyone who needs more customization options can do the cropping themselves.

Thank you for this clear Answer.