Feature Request - Make adding a source a strict rule where possible

Hey there,

I noticed that quite some people on Wallhaven are uploading their images without adding a source, especially on the peoples category. Not everyone is doing so, but especially the mass uploaders seem to not care for the source.

While I do understand, that sometimes it is hard to find a source, we have to be honest here - 95% of all people images are downloaded directly from sources like 500px, Flickr, VK and so on. People don't find them anywhere on the net, but they donwload it from the sources. While this in most cases is a copyright violation, as most sites don't allow to download those images, it would be at least a way of showing some respect, if people would at least add the source to their images. Respect for the artist and the model/ person on those images.

This is also what separates Wallhaven from other sites. There are hundreds of wallpaper sites out there and 99% don't show any source, nor artist or model names. On Wallhaven people do have the option to add a source and yet they just don't do so. I can only speculate, that they don't want to invest any more time into uploading, so they can upload more walls each day. For some it seems to be a competition.

Again, there're a few people, which add sources, but there're also those which don't do so. And finding the source isn't that hard. If you didn't download the image fromt he source directly, which most people do, you can always find a source via reverse search. At least in most cases. Yes, it takes a bit more time to add the source, but it should be worth the extra time, right?

I was able to find sources for about 8 out 10 of the wallpapers which have been uploaded recently in the peoples category. Yes, I could add those sources, but it would be much easier and it should also be a responsibility, if people would do it during upload.

This is jts a suggestion, but you might consider it. It is a way of showing respect and also it is a way to separate from other sites. Otherwise this would just be another wallpaper site, where people mass upload their copyright violated images.

Thanks for taking your time to read my post. :)

I feel you, man. But "strict rule where possible" sounds kinda contradictive.