Moderation team busy ?

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a problem with the "Report" feature or if the team has no enough time to treat them all.

I reported a few of MEGABYTE wallpapers as "upscaled" and they are still there.

for example [w8x3xq] [8xj89y] (and some more recent uploads)

Particularly I think it's a pity this user mixes high-quality images with very bad upscales.

Cheers to the team doing manual work :-)

There are Wallpapers who have been reported months ago. Well, sometimes the "Real" Life is more important than a Wallpaper-Site.

And they doing it for free in their spare Free-Time.

I hope it will not turn out like Wallbase who in the end was doomed overnight and vanished into Cyber-Olivion.

Let us just wait and see :-)

Last updated

Yeah it takes time. We have quite a backlog.

@wallpapermaniac we certainly won't just disappear like that. Development is slow but steady. ^^

The problem with Megabyte's uploads are that they are just other peoples wallpaper dumps on Imgur that originally came from here or other sites. They tend to get compressed to shit by Imgur or even upscaled by the uploaders themselves. He just reuploads them here and we get to deal with the low quality stuff and the duplicates that somehow make it through.

I'd say a great majority of my recent reports have been acted on lately. I haven't kept track, though, so I can't tell how many haven't been touched. I am curious about the tags that are reported though. I never seem to get notified about them being dealt with.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the mod team so far. It's the uploaders I am more worried about, but they can easily be blocked.

Gandalf said:

Yeah it takes time. We have quite a backlog.

I already said this a while back but I really think some kind of automated process is the way to go. It can be as simple as automatic action after X reports for the same reason.

I also think about some rules that could improve the process :

• each uploader loose "points" after each deletion, the lesser point it has the less reports it needs for new uploads to be deleted
    • each reporter loose "points" if a moderator restore a deleted upload, the lesser point a reporter has the less importance his vote has